by SteveFromNY

^damn that looks great!

DanW

by DanW

Looks awesome Jure!

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Hey Berk,

You mentioned that the ultimate seatpost/saddle combo weight was achieved using a sprint shaped saddle. What would you guess the weight to be if using an SLR shaped seat with a 27.2 post?

I will need to seriously look at one of these in the near future as I put my bike on a diet, lol.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

DanW

by DanW

Hi Jure, just wondered if you have seen the POP saddles as possible inspiration for a solution to adding rails to your saddle (I hope this is not an inappropriate post)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, sure no problem, posts like this are more than welcome!

Didn't saw it yet, but Fizik carbon saddles are made similar. From the view of the manufacturer it's better to only glue the saddle rails to the saddle shell (you don't have to make the "third step" - some more carbon reinforcements), and the saddle that I'll make has a similar philosophy. The saddle rails will be only glued to the saddle shell, it's constructed like that. Hopefully I'll soon get the moulds! It's already in process and I can't wait that I get all the moulds for that saddle project.

Vuong05 wrote:Hey Berk,

You mentioned that the ultimate seatpost/saddle combo weight was achieved using a sprint shaped saddle. What would you guess the weight to be if using an SLR shaped seat with a 27.2 post?

I will need to seriously look at one of these in the near future as I put my bike on a diet, lol.

The SLR shape weights around 7g more, but I think that I could save some more weight if I would experiment a bit with it. I had to make 3 saddle shells for that combo that I get one saddle shell with which I was happy (very low weight).

@SteveFromNY & DanW
Thanks! :beerchug:

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Berk wrote:
The SLR shape weights around 7g more, but I think that I could save some more weight if I would experiment a bit with it. I had to make 3 saddle shells for that combo that I get one saddle shell with which I was happy (very low weight).

Would you say something in the area of 90g is possible? Absolutely crazy to think that something could be so light, yet strong. You also mentioned that the ultimate combo was made for someone who weighed 60kg, would the combo be a lot heavier for someone say like myself at 75kg?

Regardless, my current setup weighs 180g and this is practically half the weight. Your work is top notch and every weight weenie would be honored to have your combos on their bike.

Cheers.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments Vuong05!
Regarding the weight, it depends form the specifications (seatpost lenght, setback etc.,.), but with a similar position like the one that I made it should weight around 90-95g with SLR saddle shape.

Here is a new prototype product that I just made - a 3.3g bottle cage!

Please don't mind the rough finish of this one, it's only a prototype.

For all those who wonder how a bottle cage like this works - most bottle cages are a bit "cone shaped", and if the bottle cage is precise enough the fit is perfect.

I already put this prototype on my bike and will test it, I'll keep you updated!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Drool! Hell, I'd even ditch my Vincero for these!

Reamens

by Reamens

Perfect!!!

The real heavyweights 3.3g :))

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Unofrutnately I couldn't test it yet because we have really bad weather here, still snow, rain and it's quite cold...the weather is realy not nice this season, at least not here in Slovenia.

Anyway, here just one photo durign the work - repair of a carbon wheel brake track. With some precise work it can be repaired. And of course with the right materials and process.

Otherwise I'm still waiting for the moulds for my saddle project (with carbon saddle rails). Hope I'll soon get it, really can't wait to make the first prototype saddles with carbon saddle rails..

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

No it isn't, but it looks very similar.

steff

by steff

Hello Jure
do you ever make light 'classic' computer holder( for wire sigma for exemple) in order to put it in front of the stem

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com