Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

r3m wrote:Anyone knows if Berk still manufactures the Lupina saddle padded with round rail ?
Try do contact them by mail but no answer now. (-15% code until tomorrow !!!)
Yes he does sell them on request. Only the oval rail saddles are on the website. He does take a few days to answer emails.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonchy

by tonchy

8)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Juanmoretime wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:17 pm
I wanted to give a big thank you to Eric from Elite Velo Soulutions. He’s supplied me with Berk saddles very quick and his response time on emails is second to none. He’s just as awesome person to work with. If your in the US I would say give his company a try!

Info@elitevelosolutions.com
Eric is really a great guy and we are glad that we work with him!

After quite a few years I finally finished a wheel on which I'm quite proud - everything finally worked as it sould - one piece monocoque construction (hub-spokes-rim) with great tolerances. The main problem was to make it as straight as possible when out of the mould. Developed a technology where the wheel remains straight after the process is finished, for now I'm still the only person at the company who knows how to make it, and next steps will also be interesting and still some work to do...

We decided to develop a clincher wheel - back in 2015 we already made rim brake protoypes, but at that time disc brakes started to "confuse the industry", as a small company we had to wait a bit in which way to go, because the investion for such product development is quite big,...so we ended with disc brake and clincher. A tubular rim brake wheel would still be an easy project compared to that one, and maybe I should consider to make also rim brake in the future? We'll see..

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

We need more information on those wheels, Jure!

They look amazing!!!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I dare say CL introduces far less variables into the process

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Rim brake wheelset, and I am IN

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

I don't see the weight.

micky

by micky

As mentioned it's a prototype which means not a finished product ( =no weight ).

Kumppa

by Kumppa

522g for the front wheel, hollow rim, 45mm rim profile and 26mm wide.

@Berk ig

Kazyole

by Kazyole

If rim brake clinchers ever exist I will buy them.

Also, any plans to offer bar/stem combos at any point again in the future? I would buy one.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I've yet to find the perfect saddle for me. Currently using Prologo Dimension and Prologo Zero and they're both working good outside, but not so good indoors.

Berk Lupina seems to be working great for many people and i imagine it could work for my problem as well, as it seems to have more flex.

Is the Lupina more like a one position saddle or are you able to vary positions?

madik

by madik

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:44 am
I've yet to find the perfect saddle for me. Currently using Prologo Dimension and Prologo Zero and they're both working good outside, but not so good indoors.

Berk Lupina seems to be working great for many people and i imagine it could work for my problem as well, as it seems to have more flex.

Is the Lupina more like a one position saddle or are you able to vary positions?
Just my take on difference for me between Prologo Dimmenshion Nack a Berk Lupina padded. Dimmenshion is absolutely perfect for me, best saddle i've tried so far. Good both outside and indoor. Then a friend borrowed me his Berk saddle. For a few kilometers it was just fine but after some time it become slowly very uncofortable. Saddle didn't really support my sitting bones and was rather stuck up in my arse creating a lot of pressure on perineal area. In the same time friend of mine tried my Dimmenshion saddle and was very sattisfied with it and bought one for himself eventually.
But ofcourse saddle is personal and depends of various factors. So Lupina might work for you just fine :twisted:
Functionality > Performance > Weight

stevec1975

by stevec1975

I've used both (Prologo Dimension Nack and Berk Lupina) for what it's worth, I have used the Prologo for 6 hr rides and it was comfortable the entire time, the Lupina I have done similar rides, and whilst initially it is just as comfortable (mainly due to the shape and inherent flex), after several hours it became less so, but not unbearable. I am thinking of swapping back to the Lupina on my main bike as there is little difference overall (apart from a 90g weight saving)

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Outside i have no problems either. Did 32h last week of december on mallorca riding the Dimension Nack. But on the smarttrainer, i can't vary position enough and after 1.5-2h it becomes uncomfortable. My thought was, that a saddle with more flex would help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com