Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DHG01

by DHG01

I ordered third Dila from Jure last week; it was dispatched the same day it was paid. Thanks Jure.

And guys remember - any bike is comfortable with a Dila. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cat6Barrister

by Cat6Barrister

My lupina saddle snapped in three places as I got on a trainer a last week. Tried contacting berk and aside from initial response I've basically been left on read...neat.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Where did it snap? Pics

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!

First of all I am very sorry for all those who ordered from any shop which claimed they have them in stock, and later turned out they don't have any. Since we also had some well known problems because the virus situation (delays, lockdowns, material supliers etc.) there are longer waiting times as usual, but we are giving our best.

The same goes to any warranty case - as some might experience, we always take care, unfortunately in some cases it can take a few days to answer, but we always take care, also if the warranty saddle has signs of a crash, we give our best to find a solution.. all our products are ISO certified and there shouldn't be any problems (max. 100kg rider) but as all sport equipment manufacturers also we face with some warranty cases, there are already more than 10.000 of Lupina saddles all around the world and unfortunately it is possible that there is a warranty case. All our products are completely handmade in Slovenia, and I am giving our best, sometimes can't catch up with and I'm sorry about that, especially the emails and social media are our problem since it can take a few days to answer. We will update our website in the near future to give you more answers there and maybe even expand our team. We are already a team of 8, and during those strange times not sure if we will grow yet.

If there are any more questions here please just let me know, sorry if I missed any!

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Berk wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:46 pm
Hi to all!

First of all I am very sorry for all those who ordered from any shop which claimed they have them in stock, and later turned out they don't have any. Since we also had some well known problems because the virus situation (delays, lockdowns, material supliers etc.) there are longer waiting times as usual, but we are giving our best.

The same goes to any warranty case - as some might experience, we always take care, unfortunately in some cases it can take a few days to answer, but we always take care, also if the warranty saddle has signs of a crash, we give our best to find a solution.. all our products are ISO certified and there shouldn't be any problems (max. 100kg rider) but as all sport equipment manufacturers also we face with some warranty cases, there are already more than 10.000 of Lupina saddles all around the world and unfortunately it is possible that there is a warranty case. All our products are completely handmade in Slovenia, and I am giving our best, sometimes can't catch up with and I'm sorry about that, especially the emails and social media are our problem since it can take a few days to answer. We will update our website in the near future to give you more answers there and maybe even expand our team. We are already a team of 8, and during those strange times not sure if we will grow yet.

If there are any more questions here please just let me know, sorry if I missed any!
Is my order for the saddle/Seatpost combo confirmed? 🤞🙏😇
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

sennder

by sennder

stevec1975 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:22 am
Why don't you just order from Berk directly?
I wasn't sure if Berk was shipping to the USA, and I have had a great experience with starbike in the past so went with them. I'll probably reorder directly from Berk again.

Charlichin

by Charlichin

After last Sunday 200 km ride, I have to say the Berk Lupina fits me quite well.
It replaced a Pro Stealth Superlight, that its a bit comfyer for me, but quite happy with the Lupina, plus the 50 g weight drop.

The only downside is that the Pro had mounting points for the rear light and the Berk doesnt.

Not a problem with a 3D printer. Since the bracket covers the logo, I replicated it with the printer (I hope Berk doesnt mind, since it is for personal use, if so, I can print it without logoImage
).

I have put electrical tape inside the printed part to protect the carbon bridge.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Not a fan of this forum but it might be the only way to get Berk's attention at this point...
I had 2 berk saddles fail recently, with only one spare. It took ~7 weeks to get my first one, Jure shipped it with some slow service and took forever to respond to emails. He's gone completely radio silent about the second saddle.

Ridiculous. I've been a big fan of Jure but this service has just been unacceptable. Oh, yea the replacement saddle is 93g and super overbuilt, and was shipped in a bag instead of the usual box.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Charlichin wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 am

I have put electrical tape inside the printed part to protect the carbon bridge.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I think that bridge isn't made of carbon, instead it's some kind of plastic resin. I had a Dila before and the logo / carbon pattern print on the bridge faded away when I wiped the saddle with isopropyl alcohol, thus revealing the true mateiral underneath, which is white-ish / half transparent. I could be wrong.

It is a comfy saddle but I sold it after trying it on the trainer. Not confident about its durability.

KCookie

by KCookie

AnkitS wrote:Not a fan of this forum but it might be the only way to get Berk's attention at this point...
I had 2 berk saddles fail recently, with only one spare. It took ~7 weeks to get my first one, Jure shipped it with some slow service and took forever to respond to emails. He's gone completely radio silent about the second saddle.

Ridiculous. I've been a big fan of Jure but this service has just been unacceptable. Oh, yea the replacement saddle is 93g and super overbuilt, and was shipped in a bag instead of the usual box.
Think yourself lucky. It took me 12 months and multiple emails to get my warranty replacement saddle.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

sennder

by sennder

I finally got a Berk List 132mm saddle with the 7x9mm oval rails. The saddle says 5Nm max for mounting. I had previously mounted my Bontrager carbon rail (7x10mm) saddle at ~11Nm on my Trek Domane.

I was wondering if the 5Nm max torque is only for top/bottom seat clamps or also for side clamps. I ask because in the few rides since I installed the List, the saddle has felt "loose". Not sure if it's just the saddle itself or the lower clamping torque.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I vaguely remember Berk himself saying somewhere around here that for clamps, which aren't top-bottom, more than 5nm is fine.

However, a word of caution from my own experience - I've half cracked one Lupina round rail by mounting it on Specialized SL6 clamp.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all,
first of all I'm sorry for the long wait in some cases, really giving our best to provide it as soon as possible, sometimes we fail and it takes weeks and sorry about that.

We always find a solution or somehow show a sign of sorry like we did for you @KCookie, where we included free topcaps which were custom made (we don't even produce them), so giving my best to show that I am sorry for the long wait.

@AnkitS If it wasn't shipped in original package we did that to save your time and costs if shipped outside EU. If in original package the replacement might be hold at the customs even longer and we just wanted to speed up the replacement, sorry if it turned out wrong.

@Charlichin great work and thank you! Of course nothing wrong and I'm relly happy to see such things.

@mrlobber
Yes you are correct, we put 5Nm for safety reasons because some seatpost clamps can cut/damage the saddle rails. If the saddle rails are compressed from both sides at the same area (or clamps like the SL6, Ritchey 1-bolt etc.) it is no problem to use up to 12Nm.

We used to produce round saddle rails till 2017. Some are still around, and those were for max. 85kg riders only. Only a few were custom made on request after 2017, we produce since then all saddle rails in oval 7x9mm, in some cases on special request also 7x10mm for Trek users.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Hey berk nice to see you back on here hopefully you hang around a little more

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Guys it's on the thread title
Prototype :P

Joke ...
I had a lupina once covered with custom belgian logo , was good like antares / slr italia mix .
too long and narrow for me but fine saddle.

Wish the glued epoxy spots at the backs were more solid and better looking tough

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com