Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Hi Jure. Have had an issue with my Lupina and have dropped an email to the ‘info’ email address.

Would be grateful for a response!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JKolmo

by JKolmo

@Jure: synthetic cover would be great, at least as an option!

zinedrei

by zinedrei

will there be a difference if i get a 150 Lupina padded instead of a 132 when it comes to comfort?
my fitter doesn't have a tool to measure the sitbones
i am using an smp well now and it feels uncomfortable, more like too narrow perhaps

will i experience discomfort as well if i get a saddle wider than what actually fits me?

rlanger

by rlanger

Berk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm
We are also considering synthetic materials, but for now we stick with leather which is a natural material and of course there are some differences from each piece.
Interested in a padded Lupina, but would never purchase one with a leather cover, so would love it if there was a synthetic option.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

rlanger wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:28 pm
Berk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm
We are also considering synthetic materials, but for now we stick with leather which is a natural material and of course there are some differences from each piece.
Interested in a padded Lupina, but would never purchase one with a leather cover, so would love it if there was a synthetic option.
I think Jure dropped a picture somewhere in this theme about various different options in synthetic lather? I think if you drop him an email and you are willing to wait he could make it happen.

plasticol

by plasticol

What happened with the carbon wheels that you were planning a few years back? :cry:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all, sorry for my late reply!

Regarding the white marks - it may be the clearcaot, which can separate from the surface (it can be because of a damage or clearcoat failure), for any issues, please just write to info@berk-composites.com and we'll take care. In some cases it can take a few days to answer, so your patience is much appreciated! But we always take care for our customers :thumbup:

Our wheel project - well I should share more details, and bring this topic alive. Will send some more photos soon. Basicly it all started already in 2015 (where the first photos in this topic were posted), where we already managed to make the wheel only as a tubular rim brake wheel. But as we all know, the cycling industry recently changed a lot! No more real "weightweenies", more or less all "aero oriented" and with all the disc brakes etc., a lot of things changed.
So I decided to wait a bit to see where it will go, and if I'm hones I'm still not sure! We do have all the knowledge, but have to invest smart in the development. At this moment we also have a monocoque disc wheelset with a clincher rim, targeting <1000g with that wheelset, and at this moment I'm the only one who knows how to make it. Planning to put them in production, as soon as it is 110% ready, at this moment still some more tests etc. to do.

I have to share an inhouse project, a SUB 4kg bike. It was build already and used for quite some (by my co-worker)time already, but as a 4,2kg bike, which will soon turn <4kg :thumbup:
I'll share more details soon. The frameset with the integrated seatpost and saddle has only 631g.
Last edited by Berk on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

themidge

by themidge

Wow that's light! :thumbup: Beautiful tuning on the shifters too.

Are those Schmolke carbon shifter clamps? If they are, how easy/hard was shaving the shifter to make them fit? I want to do it to mine, but I don't want it to go wrong!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

They were made in-house, as a custom project :-) maybe we could consider to offer them, if anyone would be interested? Thanks for compliments!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Berk wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:57 pm
They were made in-house, as a custom project :-) maybe we could consider to offer them, if anyone would be interested? Thanks for compliments!
Would definitely be interested for Campag with either hollow aluminium or titanium bolts, or carbon bolts?

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Berk wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:57 pm
If you do this, please follow the contour more like the old BTP, with a slight narrowing in the rear of the ring to slide easy into the bar.

Thanks Jure!

LewisK

by LewisK

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help please. What is the height of a padded Lupina/List saddle - From the bottom of the rail to the top of the saddle? Thank you!

Verbal

by Verbal

From the center of the rail to the top of my list I have 32mm. Rails are 9mm high so for me 36,5.

pmprego

by pmprego

Resquesting some help also. I've just placed an order for a berk dila. How can I know if the clapming mechanism that I currenly have will work with oval rails (I currently have a round rails saddle)?

At the extreme, this purchase is for a lightweight project that I'm building but hey.. why not use it in the meantime!! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r3m

by r3m

Anyone knows if Berk still manufactures the Lupina saddle padded with round rail ?
Try do contact them by mail but no answer now. (-15% code until tomorrow !!!)