Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Probably why Berk stopped making them :(

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I've been riding a Selle Kit Carbonio for years. Which of the Berks would be its appoximate, any ideas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jencvo

by jencvo

PokojniToza wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:24 pm
I've been riding a Selle Kit Carbonio for years. Which of the Berks would be its appoximate, any ideas?
Similar question, have been having great results with an older version of Specialized Phenom but looking at Berk now. Also I've been riding 143mm width, Berk either has 132 or 150. Suggestions?

makrl

by makrl

jencvo, I can't speak to the Phenom, but I recently upgraded from a 140mm Fizik Aliante to a 150mm padded Lupina and have been very pleased with it. I've put in about 20 hours so far. The first couple of rides I was a bit dubious, but it broke me in or I broke it in, and it's now easily the most comfortable saddle I've used. Bonus: first time in 30+ years of cycling that the old chap doesn't go numb.

I should add that historically I've been sensitive to injury at the root of the hamstring where saddles flare. No issue at all for me with the 150mm.

ccache

by ccache

Lupina 132mm UD Matte with oval rails (we only sell the oval rails now)

Anyone want to guess the weight? :D

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

84g... looks awesome.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

ccache wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 pm
Anyone want to guess the weight? :D
Heavy!

sychen

by sychen

81g?

Now back on the old power saddle.. My hammy/glute Junction definitely doesn't like that..

Now debating whether to try a Dila.. Would it be too wide at 160? My Lupina is a 150 model.

Any Difference comfort/fit wise?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ccache

by ccache

sychen wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:17 pm
81g?

Now back on the old power saddle.. My hammy/glute Junction definitely doesn't like that..

Now debating whether to try a Dila.. Would it be too wide at 160? My Lupina is a 150 model.

Any Difference comfort/fit wise?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
If the Lupina 150mm has been working for you, I would stick with it.
The Dila is nice for people coming from Power 155mm and prefer that stubby nose shape.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!
Quite a few weeks passed since I last log in, busy as always. We are now already a quite nice team now, 7 employees (4 guys and 3 girls) and giving our best to produce the best saddles and develop some new interesting products. I am really glad that I have such amazing people around me and we'll always give our best... We focused on production of our own parts only.

Berk Lupina padded saddles in productin:
...it is our most popular saddle, we also sponsor Continental team Ljubljan Gusto Santic cycling team (former Radenska U23) with those saddles, last year Tadej Pogačar won the Tour de l'Avenir on a Berk Lupina padded saddle

We produce these also for Colnago, we are very happy and proud that we can work with them!

Recently we also changed a bit our package, with a new box design:

Also in terms of technology I'll write a bit more later, for now only a photo of our clearcoat area where all our products are clearcoated:

Recently I also traveled to Eindhoven (NL) where we were involved in the windtunnel testing and working on something new with team Jumbo-Visma and Bianchi..

No rest for those guys:

Some of you maybe saw, we focused on saddles only at this moment. Our Sito shoes are completely out of stock and new shoes are in production, and we'll update the website as soon as the new model will be presented, as soon as we have some more in stock our dealers will have them, right now some of the prototypes are used by some worldtour riders and we want to keep it secret for now :thumbup: but already in progress and we'll keep you updated

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Berk is a great story. Wishing you and your growing team continued success.
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

Hey Berk team,

Any chance of a padded Dila saddle?
2002 Moots Vamoots
2018 Cannondale CAAD12 Custom (RIP)
2018 Cannondale Supersix Hi Mod (SOLD)

marcelflash

by marcelflash

You can get the Dila padded at Starbike.com for a while.

beejay7575

by beejay7575

Hi Berk,
I'm very interested in buying one of your Lupina sadddles, my only concern is the stack height. I've seen a review of the Lupina saddle where the reviewer said he almost needed to buy a longer seatpost as the stack height was a lot shorter than other saddles. I've got an ISP which has been cut to size and can't be raised, can you tell me if you think that will be a problem?
Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zefs

by zefs

Lupina padded 7mm rails has ~3.4cm stack height (atleast on my version)