Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Very excited about the release!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

(Kind of) breaking news - Berk shoes at the Tour of Utah worn by sponsor Israeli Cycling Academy.

The rider liked them very much and was talking about different colorways with a team mechanic / helper.

:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Johnny Rad wrote:(Kind of) breaking news - Berk shoes at the Tour of Utah worn by sponsor Israeli Cycling Academy.

The rider liked them very much and was talking about different colorways with a team mechanic / helper.

:beerchug:

Hamish, A bloke I’ve know and ridden with for years, phenomenally talented rider. Genuinely believe he will go world tour. If someone of his caliber rates them as highly as he’s said, I have no doubt they are THAT good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!

First of all sorry again for my long silence! Busy as always, which is good, still without any free days this summer but a lot of progress was made in the past few months.

Regarding the seatpost - we really made some, mostly only for trusted customers, but later decided that we won't produce it. Why? Because most frame manufacturers now use their own standards, and we don't want to risk anything and start with a smaller production of round seatposts. As simple as that :)

We are finishing our development of the full carbon wheelset, which we mentioned a few years back, also some photos were already posted, and finally we are close to publish more details, but still a lot some work to do. It makes more sense for us to produce such products, more complex parts which can't be developed and produced by any company (like seatposts etc.).

We are still a small team but slowly growing, at this moment Berk Composites are 3 guys and 3 girls, and we are giving our best to produce the best products which can be used also by pro riders, like Hamish, Roglic etc.,..I have to mention that also Tadej Pogačar, who won the Tour de l'Avenir, uses our Berk Lupina padded saddles nad Berk Sito shoes :thumbup:

Hamis Schreurs is also a great guy and we are glad that we can work with him and his team!

Otherwise we updated a bit our website - www.berk-composites.com, still some details to improve on the website but in general we now only offer stock parts. With custom it slowly became too complicated for us and the customer would wait for too long, instead we decided to work with great dealers which we already have and in the future our plan is to offer monocoque wheelsets and maybe later also framesets, we'll see what the future will bring...we for sure have the knowledge and we are working on it. And as mentioned we want to work with dealers, so that we can present our products localy, offer test saddles in better shops etc.,...still a lot of cyclists are scared to ride full carbon saddles because they think that it is a super stiff product, but you really have to try it to see how it actually feels.

We invest a lot in new technology and equipment, on the photo you can se a KUKA robot which is used to trim the carbon parts. I'll make some more photos of our company in the next few days to give you an idea how and where all the parts are produced, all handmade at our factory.

Recently we finally made available also our new saddle model - Berk Dila:

We offer it in UD or 3K twill look, or as a padded saddle:

A lot of things are going on, we are also giving our best to answer all the emails as soon as possible, in some cases it can take a few days so your understanding is much apprecaited, as always giving our best, thanks :)

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Just lovely!

GregarioForHire

by GregarioForHire

Good lord. The minute those white Berk shoes dropthat hamish is wearing I'm in on them. They look glorious.

Mep

by Mep

Does anyone know if the Lupina has been revised in weight recently? My current 150mm weighs 90g and the new one appears to weigh 104g.

KCookie

by KCookie

Mep wrote:Does anyone know if the Lupina has been revised in weight recently? My current 150mm weighs 90g and the new one appears to weigh 104g.
I'm assuming it's just a variation. I've had two if his 1k carbon saddles weeks apart, one weighed 68g the other 75g.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StellarPatellar

by StellarPatellar

Mep wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:24 am
Does anyone know if the Lupina has been revised in weight recently? My current 150mm weighs 90g and the new one appears to weigh 104g.
I just got a 150mm about two weeks ago and it weighs 97g.

Mep

by Mep

Thanks all, that's a bummer. 15% variance in weight is quite significant, especially for this forum! Good thing it's still the most comfortable saddle I own.
StellarPatellar wrote:
Mep wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:24 am
I just got a 150mm about two weeks ago and it weighs 97g.

marek

by marek

Just received custom made Dila saddle. I've asked for possibly lightest version with "grippy" surface to prevent sliding.

First impression: stunning build quality, very clean. Great piece of craftmanship and engineering. Jure fullfiled the task in 100%. See the photos.

Looking forward to ride it over the weekend. I'll report how it actually performs.
Attachments
Dila_01.jpg
Dila_02.jpg

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I got my recent berk saddle with thus texture as well. Was concerned with abrasion on the bibs too but it does smooth out a little eventually, with no damage to my shorts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bilwit

by bilwit

my first lupina developed cracks after a couple months :(

should probably think about oval rails next time.. just took delivery of my second round-rail one too :x

fyi 61kgs torqued at 4NM w/ torque wrench

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

bilwit wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:12 am

should probably think about oval rails next time.. just took delivery of my second round-rail one too :x

fyi 61kgs torqued at 4NM w/ torque wrench
I'm same weight and haven't seen/heard anything like this on my 2 different Lupina carbon w/round rails (using standing Pinarello mount). Did you hear it creaking before removal and inspection?