Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

oldturd

by oldturd

JackRussellRacing wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 am
Delorre wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:50 pm
Yours is a 3K one, should be trouble free, as opposed to the UD ones (I cracked 2, Jure confirmed there are issues with those) My replacement is a covered 3K one, and until now, no issues👍

I have probably 15k miles between two Berk 3K Plain Matte saddles, in a variety of horrible/good/great riding conditions, over the last 18 months. Zero issues whatsoever. Both are on Pinarello GAN RS bikes. I'm ~ 63kg, FWIW.
Interesting! i think my experiences are similara to Delorres'- I had a replacement Lupina sent due to clearcoat issues with my first UD saddle, but now the replacement UD has shown signs of clear coat issues. in particular, a strange crack on the clear coat on the top of the saddle. while i will admit the bike did tip over once unfortunately (with the 'wing' of the saddle taking the impact), the top showed no signs of this crack until many days later, so it could have contributed- but am still seeing random peeling here and there (not as bad as my first one!)

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

HarrisonK wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:34 pm
Glad to hear, thanks. Post some pictures of your bikes!
Top is GAN RS with Di2 11/32 and Quarq Dzero Red. HED Ardennes wheels
Bottom is GAN RS with eTap 11/28 and Dzero Red. Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels. (Yes, I know the chain isn't in the big ring for this photo)

Broady

by Broady

Don't suppose anyone has a surplus bar/stem combo @ 42/120?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!
First of all thanks for all the kind words and thanks for the compliments! We are giving our best, sorry that it takes longer to respond, very busy and unfortunately don't manage to check the forum as often as I would like.
If there are any problems - please just drop us an email. It is a lightweight product and as a saddle it can be hit quite often - every bike drop, transport, and of course any unexpected harder hits while on the saddle, so problems are of course possible, like for any other bike part, but we are here to help if there are any doubts or anything. We have a lot of great and happy customers and we'll give our best to keep it that way!
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Berk wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:41 am
Hi to all!
First of all thanks for all the kind words and thanks for the compliments! We are giving our best, sorry that it takes longer to respond, very busy and unfortunately don't manage to check the forum as often as I would like.
If there are any problems - please just drop us an email. It is a lightweight product and as a saddle it can be hit quite often - every bike drop, transport, and of course any unexpected harder hits while on the saddle, so problems are of course possible, like for any other bike part, but we are here to help if there are any doubts or anything. We have a lot of great and happy customers and we'll give our best to keep it that way!
Thank you for this. I appreciate your customer service! Do you still make an integrated carbon handlebar/stem? I don't see it on your website.

oldturd

by oldturd

Appreciate the response Jure! No doubts here and the saddle functions as expected. It's just superficial and you already help me sort out my previous UD Lupina. It's just the nature of the beast IMO.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi!
For the future we have to focus on specific products, right now we mainly produce bicycle saddles and shoes. Our team is slowly growing and custom products are more problematic for us, so we are working on stock products so that we can deliver it in a reasonable time. Any custom product would take us quite long to finish because our production is full for weeks.

We will have some more news soon, also a new website will be presented in a few days (where also our new saddle model Dila will be presented, it is otherwise already available but not yet on our website).
There are a lot of parts in development and hopefully we can put some of them in production in 2019. Custom parts will be slowly replaced by serial products, where our aim is still to make one of the lightest reliable parts on the market, all handmade at our company in Slovenia.

We are happy to announce that our Berk Lupina saddles will be used on Colnago C64 Private Collection bikes:

Cheers!
Jure
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com

by 573

Nice. 8)

Love my padded lupina so much that I ordered another one yesterday for another bike.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Delorre wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:45 pm
RyanH wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 am
@sychen it's already been covered in this thread somewhere. You can safely increase the torque since the recommended torque specs are for yoke type seatposts.
Be carefull, at 6nm with a 2 bolt Ritchey seatpost, I got an indent on one of the rails and a light 'crack' sound. Didn't go any further and didn't have any issues with the rail once fitted, but be warned 😉 With my last one, I kept it to 5nm. With my sworks saddles, I went to 10 or 12nm without any issues using the same seatpost, so I suspect the Berk rails, even the oval ones rated to 100kg riders, to be a lot less robust than heavier saddles. But you have to save on somthing to reach 70gr 😯
An odd experience because I have been using the Lupina on two bikes with the oval rails for some time now without issues.
One bike has a Berk ISP and uses the POP top yolks - for that I only torque the seat down with 5 Nm - no issues.
The other bike uses a Ritchey post with a single top plate and I torque the Lupina down to roughly 11 Nm - no issues at all, no complaints from the rails.
Now, I would say that my saddle rails are really balanced fore/aft in the respective clamps, so if your saddle is slammed all the way back or pushed to the front, you might want to consider a different post setback to balance out your weight on the saddle / post.
I am currently at 84 kg and an unpadded 150mm / oval railed Lupina at 74 grams is rock solid under me.
The other Lupina (padded, 150mm wide, oval rails, 104 gm) is as well.

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Berk wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 am
Hi!
For the future we have to focus on specific products, right now we mainly produce bicycle saddles and shoes. Our team is slowly growing and custom products are more problematic for us, so we are working on stock products so that we can deliver it in a reasonable time. Any custom product would take us quite long to finish because our production is full for weeks.

We will have some more news soon, also a new website will be presented in a few days (where also our new saddle model Dila will be presented, it is otherwise already available but not yet on our website).
There are a lot of parts in development and hopefully we can put some of them in production in 2019. Custom parts will be slowly replaced by serial products, where our aim is still to make one of the lightest reliable parts on the market, all handmade at our company in Slovenia.

We are happy to announce that our Berk Lupina saddles will be used on Colnago C64 Private Collection bikes:

Cheers!
Jure
Looking forward to the new website. I have a Lupina 3k gloss and LOVE it. Don't stop doing what you're doing!

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Congrats on the OEM deal for limited edition Colnago!

That's a feather in your cap.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Was Roglic yesterday with your shoes in black ?
shoes seemed different than s phyre rc9 might have been the updated version but not sure

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Anyone tried the shoes and got any feedback?

Cheers

TARE

by TARE

romanmoser wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm
Was Roglic yesterday with your shoes in black ?
shoes seemed different than s phyre rc9 might have been the updated version but not sure
😉

romanmoser

by romanmoser

;)
Damn I could't get any quality screenshot at that moment