BMC SLR 01 Team Machine - build list, and new pics...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

greenbike

by greenbike

very nice bike you have there. one of the best bmc's I've seen. congrats

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MortenB

by MortenB

Thanks for all your comments..! It's a great idea with the black bar tape, and white hoods. I will for sure try that when it's time to replace the bar tape. Thanks :thumbup: Does anyone have a link to a good source for such hoods? I have added a few more pictures to my first post, that shows some of the unique design elements of the frameset.

And, and the sun was out this morning 8) I took the bike for the first ride, just a short 60 km ride to get a feel of the bike. First thing I noticed is, that the geometry is perfect for me. No wonder since the Team Machine has exactly the same geometry as the Pro Machine I had before. The second this I noticed was the improved shifting. I know these are brand new cables, but I have never had such snappy and precise shifting with internal cables.

My first impression of the ride characteristics of the frame is, that the front end is much, much better than the Pro Machine. It feels stiff, tracks perfectly around corners and the ''feel'' of what's going on with the front wheel is very positive. The Pro Machine could feel a bit vague, and a bit soft. Actually that example seems to go for the rest of the frameset also... The Team Machine simply feels more agile, faster, stiffer and the slightly vague feeling is all gone. Very confidence inspiring! Very motivating and fun to ride!

One aspect that I was very curios about is the Tuned Compliance Concept, that should give this frameset the highest degree of vertical compliance of any frameset on the market. I must say, that my first impression is, that it works. For instance there is noticeably less road buzz getting through to the handlebars. But at the same time the ''feel'' of the front end is improved, so it's easy to feel what the wheel is doing, it's just the fatiguing part of the vibrations that are gone. I have no doubt that this bike will be really, really great and comfortable on century rides!
Last edited by MortenB on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My BMC SLR01 Team Machine: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75502

theStig

by theStig

This is absolutely beautiful...

I'm hoping with the release of the Impex, prices of these will drop a tiny bit.. maybe I'll snatch one up myself and build it up with Di2.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

BMC just hitting 6's at the moment.

Well considered build there Morten.

:thumbup:

MortenB

by MortenB

@TheStig: I'm thinking the same, but it seems that BMC has a different strategy for the Impec: It will only be available as a complete bike (except for a few markets), so the Impec price might not affect the Team Machine. If the Impec WILL be available as frameset, I'm sure the Team Machine will be reduced a bit.

@Tinea: Honestly there was not much consideration since I just moved everything from my ProMachine. But the sum of all the parts seems to be an even better synergy here - I'm lucky 8)

range
Shop Owner

by range

Beautiful build. I have to say that I like it.
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Pro Machine gone then?

MortenB

by MortenB

Yes, I had to sell the ProMachine (and some other stuff) to finance the Team Machine. I'm very happy with the trade though!

beatnik

by beatnik

It´s gorgeous, and with almost perfect geometry, i like it more than my Roubaix Sworks SL :mrgreen:
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

MortenB

by MortenB

Thanks beatnik... Yes, the geometry of these BMC bikes is very good, and my fit on the bike is perfect since I used your spread sheet :wink:

Roobay

by Roobay

Nice "SAFE" build looks really nice wirg that colour scheme too!
Seem like quite a lot of weight bearing on the seatpost and rear stays compaired to the Pro machine?
Cheers
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

STARNUT

by STARNUT

I have to agree the TCC is not marketing smoke and mirrors. I was a little skeptical about it. It makes sense when you look at how they designed the frame and how they designed and built thier own seatpost and fork. Having ridden that thing I can say it's not smoke and mirrors. I'll agree with everything Morten said. I'm a big believer in good tires and that they have a bigger impact on "ride quality" than a frame. However, the SLR01 does have a noticeable different/better ride than my cirrent ride with the same tires on it.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

limba

by limba

and your current ride is the SuperSix Ultimate?

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Standard mod 2010. Rides like an HM, little heavier a lot cheaper.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

MortenB

by MortenB

@Roobay: English is my second language, so I'm not sure that I understand what a ''SAFE'' built means. But I'm curious to learn? :wink: The geometry of the Team Machine is exactly the same as the Pro Machine, so the weight distribution, and hence the load on the rear end must also be the same...

@STARNUT: Thanks for sharing..! Good to know that you have similar experiences with the Team Machine, this is confirmation that I don't just feel the effect of the TCC because I want to feel it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com