Merlin Cielo!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

astardotcom

by astardotcom

Edit 3/10/11: 140mm -17 degree stem. Increased setback. Feels much better.

I wanted to wait until I could build up the frame before I posted on here but I couldn't resist.

Been my dream bike for quite some time and I'm stoked that I could finally give myself an excuse to get it :)

Sadly I won't be able to build it up until late August because I am out of the country until then but I did manage to get some pictures of the frame.

I've been struggling on deciding what to put on it so please give me some suggestions as to how you would go about building this frame up ;)

UPDATE: August 25th, 2010

It's finally finished!

Scales say its 7250 grams and I'm pretty happy with it :)

Will probably go with lighter skewers, saddle, cassette in the future to hopefully bring it to around 15.5 pounds but I'm not too worried about weight right now.

I was hesitating on getting campy because I didn't want to have to replace all my freehubs and cassettes but thankfully I came across a lovely little device called the Jtek Shiftmate which allows me to still use my SRAM/Shimano cassettes with a campy drivetrain.

The Jtek Shiftmate shifting has been flawless during my testing thus far :)

2008 10sp Record Drivetrain
SRAM Force 11-23 Cassette
Reynolds Ouzo Pro
HED Ardennes
Deda Zero100 Stem, Bars, Seat
San Marco Concor Light
Yokozuna Cables

Last edited by astardotcom on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

micky

by micky

Very very nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Good for you getting your dream frame - it looks fun!

Might I suggest some form of Campy. Chorus 11 would be nice.

astardotcom

by astardotcom

Yeah I would absolutely love campy with this build.

I'm a bit hesitant because I have so many shimano/sram parts lying around but if I want to really spoil myself I should just get campy :)

So far I'm stumped on groupset and wheels but I do have a Deda cockpit and seatpost in mind. I'm also thinking of a reynolds ouzo pro fork and a white selle san marco concor light saddle.

astardotcom

by astardotcom

FINISHED!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Fantastic. Curious about your full build list and weights. But it is a very nice looking ride.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

astardotcom

by astardotcom

Here's my full build list

I find it quite surprising how I went under my expected weights but I suppose that comes from the little things like trimming the bar tape, shortening the cables and chain, and cutting a bit of steerer tube after the initial weighing.

Pardon the extremely small frame size. I'm 5'6 with fairly short legs :?

Roobay

by Roobay

what a refreshing build...
really really nice
well done
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

gamma_ray

by gamma_ray

Looks fantastic! But i don't really understand what the Jtek is for, both the shifters and derailleur are Campy?

I'd love to see some Hyperon wheels on that bike also.
I hurt myself today
To see if i still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing thats real.

my introduction here:http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63830&start=0 UPDATED!!

Timo

by Timo

Beautiful build!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

astardotcom

by astardotcom

gamma_ray wrote:Looks fantastic! But i don't really understand what the Jtek is for, both the shifters and derailleur are Campy?

I used it because I'm pairing Record shifters and rd with a SRAM cassette so the Jtek changes the pull ratio so I don't get any funky shifts ;)

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

astardotcom, have you tried the shifting without a Jtek thingamajig? Just curious.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

lite pete

by lite pete

welcome to the club ive had mine for a a few years now its just so lovelly to look at and always turns a head when im at the local cyclist cafe.

i really need to get a good photo of it but when its hung up in the house who needs pictures

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Stunning looking bike, can i ask where you can buy the 'San Marco Concor Light' in white with no black writing on it just like your plain white one?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

astardotcom

by astardotcom

Powerful Pete wrote:astardotcom, have you tried the shifting without a Jtek thingamajig? Just curious.

I only tried it out on the bike stand and it was a bit loud when trying to shift to the largest and smallest rear cogs. The jtek eliminated all issues :)

lite pete wrote:welcome to the club ive had mine for a a few years now its just so lovelly to look at and always turns a head when im at the local cyclist cafe.
i really need to get a good photo of it but when its hung up in the house who needs pictures

I love it with those wheels ;)
I know what you mean though... I just leave the bike in my living room when I'm not using it and I just love staring at it :thumbup:

lone wheeler wrote:Stunning looking bike, can i ask where you can buy the 'San Marco Concor Light' in white with no black writing on it just like your plain white one?

I got mine on ebay but I've seen it on Petracycles and I've ordered some stuff from there and they are reliable