Colnago EPS MTBK

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.

by Powerful Pete

Wow. Just wow. What else to say.

Fantastic build. Bravo. :thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

rico

by rico

sawyer wrote:very nice rico. getting tempted by these EPSs.. :lol: enjoyed your write-up

yes i'd change the cages but you've pre-empted that one.

I know, I know... Thing is, apart from Elite Ciussis, these are the only cages that don't fall apart for me. Even regular Taos only last about three months before the alu and plastic parts separate. As for posy cabon cages, I've given up all hope with those.

Helpful that Conago have stopped using those weirdly small bottle cage bolts though - they're on regular sizing now.

flying

by flying

Verrrry Nice !

Congrats & Enjoy :beerchug:

currieinahurry

by currieinahurry

damn only just seen this any weights now you will have upgraded bars etc!
tikka
:)

marcusp

by marcusp

Lovely.
Dare I say "black bar tape and black saddle"?
No, thought not!
Good job Sir!
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Josh Billings

marcusp

by marcusp

Just looked at the original pics again.
Please talk me through the plant pot to the right of the lamp...!!
:mrgreen:
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Josh Billings

rico

by rico

My girlfriend just keep planting things... But she can't remember what that was. Whatever it is, it's now about five foot high.

I probably will go black saddle/black tape this summer, especially as new white Toupe 130s seem impossible to find.

Tikka - weightwise, King Ti cages and the carbon bars probably knocked about 150g off. Having been a long term carbon bar sceptic, these have really changed my mind.

sawyer

by sawyer

Very nice! :beerchug: Maybe look into getting a different saddle? I rode the Toupe for years but really it's a mediocre saddle for sitbone support.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Smera

by Smera

Fantastic bike. Clean and understated. How is the frame aging ? I mean, did you noticed any problems with the satin coated carbon regarding small rocks during your rides ?
Many thanks,
Roberto.

rico

by rico

Roberto -

First time out on it for a couple of weeks today (I'm recovering from a chest infection :cry: )

I was dreading the ride, but it felt fantastic. The frame looks perfect, no dints or scrapes - and it's done some pretty hard riding this year.

It' s a bit lighter than when I first got it, thanks to new bars (3T Rotundo Teams) and one or two other bits. It's also now all black :twisted:

rico

Smera

by Smera

rico wrote:Roberto -

First time out on it for a couple of weeks today (I'm recovering from a chest infection :cry: )

I was dreading the ride, but it felt fantastic. The frame looks perfect, no dints or scrapes - and it's done some pretty hard riding this year.

It' s a bit lighter than when I first got it, thanks to new bars (3T Rotundo Teams) and one or two other bits. It's also now all black :twisted:

rico

Hi Rico,
Really sorry to hear about your illness. Wish you a speedy recovery.
Thanks for your input about the frame. I was considering to put a translucent matte tape over the bottom part of the down tube, but I'll leave it as is.
Nice to hear you chose 3T parts for your project. I took the same path to build my C59 and I do not regret.
The only thong I will do is to remove the red stripe from the stem. Looking at the whole bike sideways, the stripe cuts the harmony of the color scheme.
Get well soon !
Best Regards.

KB

by KB

Rico - you pulled it off again. The bike 'looks' fairy has shone on you. I didn't see it when you first posted it as I was having a sabbatical. Some better pics would be nice; the bike deserves it. 8)

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Always a nice Colnago build with you :wink: