2007 - Finally, the perfect bike for me - Look 595 Ultra!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

OCVeloMan

by OCVeloMan

So the Look 595 origin sold, so did the VXRS Ulteam. I ended up with the perfect balance of lightweight and performance for my weight, 100kg, with a 2007 Look 595 Ultra. Plans for the build:I will be building it with my Campy group:

-2008 Chours QS Levers, Record Rear Derailleur, Carbon Record CT QS Front Derailleur, KMC X10SL gold chain, Record Skeleton Brakes, and Chorus UT 175mm 50/34 Crankset

This one will be treated to a bit more carbon, including my BBB Race Carbon Handlebar and The STIFF Time mono-link 110mm stem from my Time. Throwing on the Red Selle SMP Pro, and modifying a sexy set of wheels. I currently have a set of Mon-Chasserals that I have been wanting to stiffen up so I ripped the back one apart and am in the process of building the rear 28 hole white 240 hub to a white Velocity deep V MSW rim with black DT Competition spokes and red alloy nipples. I think I finally have enough experience with these things to build the perfect bike for me! Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: Added Pictures to first slide

Last edited by OCVeloMan on Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Congrats! But geez, you seem to replace your bikes at about the rate I replace my shoes. Did the gold shamals go with the Look?

by Weenie

range
Shop Owner

by range

Dang, people are changing bikes like shoes! Hope this one works out for you!
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

This time stay faithful! :lol:

Oh and something about shoes..... :P

OCVeloMan

by OCVeloMan

worstshotever wrote:Congrats! But geez, you seem to replace your bikes at about the rate I replace my shoes. Did the gold shamals go with the Look?

Damn, that's a lot of shoes! This is the... 5th bike this year i believe. I'm wearing the same pair of rainbow sandals I bought 4 years ago. The gold shamals got old to me really fast! They were the best wheels i have ever owned as far as weight, stiffness, and bearing quality, but i hated the gaudy gold accents (Sorry Tinea, you know I still got love for your ride!). This bike will be treated to my mon-chasserals with a white Deep V and competition spokes in the rear (I'm a sprinter, not a climber).

range wrote:Dang, people are changing bikes like shoes! Hope this one works out for you!

I try to spend more time on the bike than in the shoes, i guess I;m getting there with two comments about it already! :)

Tinea Pedis wrote:This time stay faithful! :lol:

Oh and something about shoes..... :P

This time there's no looking back (No pun intended being that i just sold my TIME). I have never regretted a bike sale more than my 595 pro team. The Ultra is an AMAZING machine! No more infidelity :)

Built pictures coming soon!

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

Without a hint of bias, I can say that the frame colour scheme is definitively the best one Look have ever come up with. One of the great things about classic black is that it works well with almost any shoes.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Looking great there mate! I too love that scheme! And would happy get one to race on - could we again have the same bikes :shock:

And no worries about the Origin and Shamal's. Damn right about their stiffness and bearing quality too!

OCVeloMan

by OCVeloMan

mitre_tester wrote:Without a hint of bias, I can say that the frame colour scheme is definitively the best one Look have ever come up with. One of the great things about classic black is that it works well with almost any shoes.

I must disagree... I Loved the scheme on my 595 pro team, but this one is stiffer and the paint scheme is far more universal. As far as shoes, those dont switch much but this will look hot with my red/black/white TIME Ulteam shoes!

Tinea Pedis wrote:Looking great there mate! I too love that scheme! And would happy get one to race on - could we again have the same bikes :shock: And no worries about the Origin and Shamal's. Damn right about their stiffness and bearing quality too!

Definitely! It would make the perfect race frame for EXTREMELY powerful, near pro riders like us! :)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

:lol: :lol:

If only Cofidis knew what they were missing out on by not signing us...

:roll:

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

OCVeloMan wrote:I must disagree... I Loved the scheme on my 595 pro team,

Fair enough, maybe I am a little biased:
With this restrained frame paint, I can even get away with the luminous yellow Mavic Zxelliums

sakic

by sakic

well I got the red cofidis 595 and I already had red long leg LOOK tights, need some red time shoes now.

safety first folks :smartass:

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

Don't forget the red Keo Classic pedals to go with that.

OCVeloMan

by OCVeloMan

mitre_tester wrote:Don't forget the red Keo Classic pedals to go with that.

Haha, already have them on the bike! Is that sad?

Just waiting on the wheel build before I take pictures!

OCVeloMan

by OCVeloMan

mitre_tester wrote:
OCVeloMan wrote:I must disagree... I Loved the scheme on my 595 pro team,

Fair enough, maybe I am a little biased:
With this restrained frame paint, I can even get away with the luminous yellow Mavic Zxelliums

That is a nice lookin' 585!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Final build pics??

by Weenie