Bomber's new ride

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Tokyo Drifter wrote:For F*#k's sake. If people think that a frame (an inanimate object!) 'deserves' certain parts attached to it, then they should go out and buy their own EPS and put their own campagnolo (or whatever) parts they want on it.

Such comments have been made a thousand times before, they are of ne help or insight. They are not constructive. The frame is incredible, Dura Ace is incredible and most of all, both have already been purchased. If the OP wanted your opinion then he probably would have asked for it, and even if that were the case, your individual aesthetic preferences would still be of little consequence.

IME experience people who make blanket criticisms of Campy, or Shimano or whatever are generally the type who ride Tiagra equipped comfort bikes to the coffee shop with their XXXL arses hanging out of their XXL bib knicks, before stuffing their faces with chocolate cake, having their wives pick them up because they have indigestion and cannot ride the 3 blocks home.

If anyone feels that thier highly refined sense of aestetics is being violated, they should post their own SR11/Bora equipped Colnago up to right such alleged aesthetic wrongs as are being perpetrated here. I appreciate that there is a certain level of aesthetics that go into bikes, but if you have nothing useful to add, don't add it.

Rant over.

The bike promises to be 100 types of awesome. Nice choice.

It was only a simple remark, not to be taken seriously at all since I couodnt afford half of bomber's bike. I am not the tiagra fat guy you are refering to though.

Rage much eh?

I agree a lot with Legs11 wheelset suggestion it would be so classy :thumbup:

tinman143

by tinman143

love the small carbon weave/matte look...very nice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Excellent frame bomber. Keep us posted.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Well ... its been almost one moth ... where is the bike??????!!!!!! :D

bomber

by bomber

I've been out riding :lol: . Had to make a few concessions on the build to get it out on the road so switched to 7900 chain and cables.

Here are a few poor photos with the training wheels on. Hopefully the rain eases up soon and I can get a few daylight shots:

Very happy with the way the build has turned out although the tweaking has only just begun.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

range
Shop Owner

by range

Really nice. I love this frame in the MBUK color.
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:Great frame!
Shimano... ouch!

yep Italian only with Italian :thumbup:
πατα τραβα ρε

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

bomber wrote:the tweaking has only just begun.

Possible Di2?

bomber

by bomber

@tcurtbike ultimately I think it will go this way based on the feedback of both forum members and the press as well.

Although don't know if I could dissappoint @miltmaster3 and @kgt like that. :roll:

My ex ride
My old rides

tinman143

by tinman143

i keep revisiting this thread. just digging the weave :D

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

bomber - don't worry mate. Just look at the percentage of team who rode Colnago and used Shimano. I'll wager it's more than those that ran Campag. In fact, Bbox are bucking the trent and using Campag on theirs.

Zabel's with the polished 7800 is still super :thumbup:

sakic

by sakic

Bomber, I was riding with someone with that frame and he had Di2 as well, durace wheels but I can't remeber what bars and stem saddle etc, had black tape and saddle though.

it really did look good. Just a plain and simple looking good bike, but take a closer look and it really gets interesting.

bomber

by bomber

Finally got it on the scale - 7310 grams in its current format. Going to take a bit of work to get it down to the goal of sub 6.8kg but thats half the fun.

Planned upgrades:

On hand:
Zipp Vuma Quad Crankset - going to attempt to match the frames matt finish
KMC X10SL - 224g newer version once the 7900 wears out

Planned:
Some lightweight brakes - the gravitas look like a good match for the frame finish
Wheels - going custom but havent decided exactly what yet

My ex ride
My old rides

sneeeky

by sneeeky

Tokyo Drifter wrote:For F*#k's sake. If people think that a frame (an inanimate object!) 'deserves' certain parts attached to it, then they should go out and buy their own EPS and put their own campagnolo (or whatever) parts they want on it.

Such comments have been made a thousand times before, they are of ne help or insight. They are not constructive. The frame is incredible, Dura Ace is incredible and most of all, both have already been purchased. If the OP wanted your opinion then he probably would have asked for it, and even if that were the case, your individual aesthetic preferences would still be of little consequence.

IME experience people who make blanket criticisms of Campy, or Shimano or whatever are generally the type who ride Tiagra equipped comfort bikes to the coffee shop with their XXXL arses hanging out of their XXL bib knicks, before stuffing their faces with chocolate cake, having their wives pick them up because they have indigestion and cannot ride the 3 blocks home.

If anyone feels that thier highly refined sense of aestetics is being violated, they should post their own SR11/Bora equipped Colnago up to right such alleged aesthetic wrongs as are being perpetrated here. I appreciate that there is a certain level of aesthetics that go into bikes, but if you have nothing useful to add, don't add it.

Rant over.

The bike promises to be 100 types of awesome. Nice choice.

Couldnt have put it better myself! one of the worst things about this and any other forum is all the unneeded/ unwanted input

amazing bike i bet she rides sooooo nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Nice frame! I know it's been said a 100x already, but matte black is incredibly cool. Both unidirectional and in this case a carbon weave.

Would it be offensive to suggest black bar tape and saddle? If yes, allow me to couch it another manner. If I were lucky enough to own this awesome looking bike, I'd consider swapping the white for black.