Bomber's new ride

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

I thought that too. I rarely like colnagos wit shimano or sram on them. But the mate finish of DA 7900 maes it look really nice. Plus it reminds me of Zabel when I see a nago mounted with shimano, and good taste.

Very nice bike.

What wheelset will be on this beast?

legs 11

by legs 11

:roll: Here we go again?
I like it with Shimano..... :wink: It just works better? :lol:
I'm just going to get my flame proof jacket? :lol:
Pedalling Law Student.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Legs, I'm with you. People should just be able to choose what component group they ride and they should not be bothered with remarks about a certain component group on a certain frame.

Bomber it looks good, now you only need to tune it sub 6.8 Good Luck! :thumbup:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Sasha011

by Sasha011

Dura-ace on a Colnago!!! THIS IS BLASPHEMY!!! THIS IS MADNESS!!! :evil:
[b]My Bianchi 928 SL IASP

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71069&start=15

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I think the new DA c50 wheels would look good on it ....

Willier

by Willier

That frameset is awesome :thumbup:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I also matte carbon wheels would be better than the shiny ones.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Niiiiice mate! I too agree about the Shimano, Colnago, Zabel classy look :D 7800 could have looked even better..... :lol: but then, might not have matched the matt finish....

And as long as you have some wheels and can ride it by the time the Spring Classics rock around you'll be sorted :thumbup: that was the worst time (for me) to be without the bike, as the weather here is still good and you see all the racing and just want to jump straight on to your own!

What wheels are you thinking for this baby anyway? Maybe some DA's with the decals removed??

racerjrp

by racerjrp

Never been a huge fan of Colnago's looks, but that is pretty darn cool!

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

For F*#k's sake. If people think that a frame (an inanimate object!) 'deserves' certain parts attached to it, then they should go out and buy their own EPS and put their own campagnolo (or whatever) parts they want on it.

Such comments have been made a thousand times before, they are of ne help or insight. They are not constructive. The frame is incredible, Dura Ace is incredible and most of all, both have already been purchased. If the OP wanted your opinion then he probably would have asked for it, and even if that were the case, your individual aesthetic preferences would still be of little consequence.

IME experience people who make blanket criticisms of Campy, or Shimano or whatever are generally the type who ride Tiagra equipped comfort bikes to the coffee shop with their XXXL arses hanging out of their XXL bib knicks, before stuffing their faces with chocolate cake, having their wives pick them up because they have indigestion and cannot ride the 3 blocks home.

If anyone feels that thier highly refined sense of aestetics is being violated, they should post their own SR11/Bora equipped Colnago up to right such alleged aesthetic wrongs as are being perpetrated here. I appreciate that there is a certain level of aesthetics that go into bikes, but if you have nothing useful to add, don't add it.

Rant over.

The bike promises to be 100 types of awesome. Nice choice.

bomber

by bomber

Thanks all for the kind comments. I won't enter the Shimano Vs Campagnolo debate. Its what I ride.

Anyway spec list below. Lots of places to save weight starting with wheels as the obvious place but they will have to weight till the wallet recovers and when I can start racing again. Comments/ suggestions welcomed but hope to finish it up this weekend and get it out on the road.

Spec list:

Frame Colnago EPS MTBK 58cm (1148g's with seatpost collar, cable guide, bottle cage bolts and cable adjusters)
Fork Colnago EPS (409g's uncut)
Headset Colnago (forgot to weigh it :oops: )
Expander Colnago (33g's this things huge and has to go)
Top Cap and bolt Colnago (18g's)

Groupset Shimano 7900 (can't find my piece of paper with the indiviual weights on it)
Cables Verterbrae Ceramic Black (304g's still in the packet)
Chain KMC X10SL (246g's uncut)

Wheels:
Skewers KCNC (43g's)
Tubes Michelin Latex (83g's much more than claimed but durabable so far)
Tyres Vittoria Open Evo CX II (214g's each)
Tape Easton Rim Tape (wanted to use veloplugs but they dont fit so rox rim tape next)
Wheelset Easton Orion (training 1496g's)

Bottle Cages Planet X Carbon Matt X 2 (43g's for both)
Handle Bar Deda Newton Shallow 46cm (246g's)
Handle Bar Tape Lizzard Skins DSP WHT (68g's uncut - i think the bar end plugs account for most of this)
Pedals Speedplay Zero SS (208g's)
Saddle Sella Italia SLR Kit Carbonio WHT (139g's)
Seatpost Colnago EPS (209g's uncut)
Seatpost Binder Colnago EPS
Stem Deda Zero 100 SC 120mm (127g's)
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

sakic

by sakic

sick bike and top spec.

Got a mate getting the matt black too, he now has a red, white and black and he is changing by 1 size with the black one. I'm right in the thick of it in Sydney and everyone who has got an EPS raves about it, can't think of anyone that has bagged it and they are a fickle bunch here at best of times.

I would be riding it with whatever parts I could get, just to get it out on the road.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

What's the matter with Tiagra! :evil: and Tokyo :lol: top rant!

(I actually had someone mistake it for DA on the weekend :lol: :doh: guess some don't think it's possible to race on anything less?)

Otherwise, that's an excellent weight for a Colnago, given it's size. They sure must use some heavy paint the rest of the time. I'm guessing it might be 7.1 or 7.2kg or so all done?

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Since I like an all-black wheelset and I think it should go nice with the all-black Colnago ;), here is my recommendation:

- Shimano DA c50
- Mavic Cosmic Carbone PRO (glossy)
- Fulcrum Racing Speed (glossy)
- Xentis Squad 5.8 :thumbup:

legs 11

by legs 11

I know I'm biased, but with a black set up like that I would definitely go for a ceramic Open pro wheelset, black CX rays, alloy nipples and ceramic DT 240s with the decals removed.
Sweet. :wink:
Pedalling Law Student.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com