Time VXR Shimano Di2 tuned internal wiring - WW project bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

awesome thread and an amazing project. what sanding papers did you use, could you describe the process (i hope you didn't post already)? and how long did it take until frame and fork were naked?
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

range
Shop Owner

by range

That looks pretty freaking amazing. I like that bike build list, and yes, my wife doesn't know how much I sink into bikes. At least I sell bikes to cover the cost :)
Range || range.wordpress.com
Asterisk*Cycles
'10 Velocite Millennium Elite SRAM Red
'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FelixIanuzi

by FelixIanuzi

Looking so very awesome coloclimber!!

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Looks great right now :shock:
and it's only going to get better! :P

KeithDelray

by KeithDelray

I think these are the same batteris as the Shimano batteries for $16 thats why I asked about the mA, same part number same volts. Cant we wire these up same as your "wiring" harness?

http://www.onlybatteries.com/showitem.a ... leShopping

Sombody asked about LiPO, I just bought one of these to try out... It is more mA hours so it might last longer than stock Shimano.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXVJE4&P=7

ferrarista

by ferrarista

coloclimber wrote:Ferarista- Good idea. After a few more rides, I am confident in the button placement on the bar and will use double sided tape instead of a zip tie.

Lan- I thought of using Campagnolo 11 levers too but decided to stick with the whole group. I dont know enough about those buttons to help- Can you PM me with more info?

your welcome. sometimes you gotta stick with simple working ideas. thank god for the invention of double sided tape lol.

make sure its 3M tape for cars. they make a thin one which would be perfect. it doesn't come off in wet conditions.

about the campy levers, I always wondered if it could be possible to run them. the best thing would be if somebody could come up with some switches to use the stock levers found on campy. you gut all the mechanical parts inside to make it lighter and put some switches where we usually shift. That would be so awsome.

or else i thought about running madcow's thumb switch buttons nicely trimmed. one would go on the side on the ergo lever where the stock thumb lever is under the stock hood. and then you could run another one in the drops so you can shift while sprinting. but I guess it is not the best ergonomics. can't wait to see when campy comes out with their system.
██

FelixIanuzi

by FelixIanuzi

Are you considering sanding the decals off the stem and seatpost? I know they're ultra special components ($$$) and keeping the names on em' would be nice but....

jipperd

by jipperd

@FelixIanuzi: these decals are just simple stickers, they will come of easily and you can order them at the AX Lightness Facility directly.

FelixIanuzi

by FelixIanuzi

righto

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Daddy yo yo- I started with 320 and it took forever to get the clear coat off. I went down a little but it wasnt less than 200 for just the clear coat. Then when I got down to the paint/decals I used 400 wet to keep it cleaner. Then 800 wet and finished with 2000 wet. The 2000 gives an amazingly smooth finish. Its a long tedious process especially on a frame that has almost no round tubes.

Yes the AX sticker will likely vanish.

ferrarista- I contemplated using Campagnolo 11 levers with dual shift buttons since I still have a gutted left lever but decided against it to stick with the whole group. I dont see why someone couldnt figure our there own buttons/switches on any lever shape.

I may rethink the tuning of the 7900 calipers. I did a ton of work to drop 20 grams on the front and most of it came from different pad holders and not from all the bolt tuning.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

BmanX

by BmanX

With Campy Record levers (non ergo) being so light, it might be a nice choice to sort out your own buttons and the shape is nice as well. I bet someone with some mad skills could get some buttons in the hoods but then how do you shift when you are down in the drops?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Buttons under the ergo lever + buttons on the outside of the bar drops.

Before 7900 front caliper - 149 grams

After ti center bolt, other misc ti bolts and tuned jagwire carbon pad holders- 129 grams
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

KeithDelray

by KeithDelray

Where did you get the titanium bolt kit to tune your 7900 brake calipers?

Also, where did you get the pad holders?

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

coloclimber wrote:Daddy yo yo- I started with 320 and it took forever to get the clear coat off. I went down a little but it wasnt less than 200 for just the clear coat. Then when I got down to the paint/decals I used 400 wet to keep it cleaner. Then 800 wet and finished with 2000 wet. The 2000 gives an amazingly smooth finish. Its a long tedious process especially on a frame that has almost no round tubes.
thanks a lot for your spec's - i have a project in mind which would require serious sanding too... :mrgreen:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

majklnajt

by majklnajt

You mean your Trek? That would be awesome too!!!! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com