Show us your Dales

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
User avatar
masters324
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

by masters324

My latest Cannondale build.. Thinking about making it flat black again :noidea:
**Please excuse my current crankset as it was the only bb30 I had in my bike box :oops: Thinking about Cannondale Hollowgram for sure.. or maybe wired srm
Image
Image

TimmS
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Amsterdam

by TimmS

I LOVE IT!
Especially with the low profile wheels and classic tires!


markito200
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 am

by markito200

Here is mine CAAD10-4
Image

User avatar
53x12
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Location: On the bike

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:J/W, since I know nothing about them, why people are so obsessed over System Sixes? The local Dale sponsored team had almost their entire fleet get recalled for bb-related problems and if it was such a good model wouldn't Cannondale still produce it? Not trying to be hostile, but as a CAAD10 owner I'm curious.


You need to ride one and experience it yourself. Better than a CAAD9. Better than a SS HM. Better than a CAAD10. Better than an Evo. From my experience it is the best frame Cannondale ever made. Stiff. Fast. Great road feel. Great handling. Basically feels like you are on a rocket ship when you ride it.

Some will complain it is too stiff. Wheels, tires, and bib shorts can fix that. Some will say it is heavy, but at ~1500g for frame and fork it can be built light enough. Weight isn't always the priority in life. For the going rate of a used frame $400-600, I'm not sure of a better frame for that money. Honestly.

It is a great frame. Many who have ridden Cannondales for a long time would argue it is their best frame. Sure the Evo is lighter, but there really is no comparison between the two. Cannondale stopped making the SystemSix because they were losing money on each frame. Very labor intensive to join the HM carbon front with the CAAD9 rear. This was the time Cannondale was bleeding money and going bankrupt. Had to cut their loses.

Give the frame a try if you find a used one in your size. If you don't like it, you could easily sell it and get your money back.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

johnsosn
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:48 pm

by johnsosn

My Synapse Hi-mod.

14.5lbs. Without shoes.
Attachments
DSCF0223.jpg

KWalker
Posts: 5846
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Bay Area

by KWalker

Masters234- Do not flat black it! Just change the cranks and leave it as is.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

User avatar
53x12
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Location: On the bike

by 53x12

KW, with the kind of bikes you have gone through over the past few years I am surprised you haven't given the SystemSix a shot. Seems right up your alley. Everything the CAAD10 has but better in every way.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

KWalker
Posts: 5846
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Bay Area

by KWalker

53x12 wrote:KW, with the kind of bikes you have gone through over the past few years I am surprised you haven't given the SystemSix a shot. Seems right up your alley. Everything the CAAD10 has but better in every way.


Well, I got most of my Speci's very cheap through team discounts to the point where it was profitable to ride for a season then sell. The Guru was a once-in-a-lifetime investment turned disaster and other than that I've just had a CAAD. I never really thought about the System Six because it had its heyday before I started really paying attention to bikes on the internet. I'm not bashing it, its just the first that I've heard about how great it is. The local Dale sponsored team hated theirs because 75% had some kind of bb cracking and the next year they ended up on Super Sixes. I love my CAAD, so if its as good as people say it could be an interesting back up bike at some point like you said.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

User avatar
Rumsas
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:25 pm

by Rumsas

[quote="masters324"]
Image

WOW

Dammit
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm

by Dammit

I took the SRM off to get the battery changed (going to use Scientific Coaching for this, hopefully the falling zero offset was just the battery running down):

Image

And it looks like the SRM spider adds ~100g to the overall weight of the bike:

Image

User avatar
hmai18
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 12:19 am
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.

by hmai18

Nice. Haven't seen those gold anodized rings in a while.

Dammit
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm

by Dammit

They are my spare set, and once the SRM is back they'll go back in the box for another 2 years.

So I've got 1-2 weeks to pretend I am Cipo hurtling down the road.

User avatar
kenz76
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:29 pm

by kenz76

53x12 wrote:
kenz76 wrote:just out of the bubble bath... :)
my first and only road monster. tried CAAD9, SuperSix, SS Evo, Tarmac SL2 - but nothing can beat this one...


Very nice bike. What is the weight?

I agree, there is nothing like the SystemSix. Best bang for the buck now when looking at used frames.


It's not super-light, but as good as it gets: about 7,2 kg
stiff as a rock, though! :thumbup:



53x12 wrote:
KWalker wrote:J/W, since I know nothing about them, why people are so obsessed over System Sixes? The local Dale sponsored team had almost their entire fleet get recalled for bb-related problems and if it was such a good model wouldn't Cannondale still produce it? Not trying to be hostile, but as a CAAD10 owner I'm curious.


You need to ride one and experience it yourself. Better than a CAAD9. Better than a SS HM. Better than a CAAD10. Better than an Evo. From my experience it is the best frame Cannondale ever made. Stiff. Fast. Great road feel. Great handling. Basically feels like you are on a rocket ship when you ride it.

Some will complain it is too stiff. Wheels, tires, and bib shorts can fix that. Some will say it is heavy, but at ~1500g for frame and fork it can be built light enough. Weight isn't always the priority in life. For the going rate of a used frame $400-600, I'm not sure of a better frame for that money. Honestly.

It is a great frame. Many who have ridden Cannondales for a long time would argue it is their best frame. Sure the Evo is lighter, but there really is no comparison between the two. Cannondale stopped making the SystemSix because they were losing money on each frame. Very labor intensive to join the HM carbon front with the CAAD9 rear. This was the time Cannondale was bleeding money and going bankrupt. Had to cut their loses.

Give the frame a try if you find a used one in your size. If you don't like it, you could easily sell it and get your money back.


what more to add? that's it, that's all.
tried the SuperSix 2011 (not HM) - not smooth enough. tried the EVO Ultimate 2012 - VERY VERY light, like a paper plane, but didn't enjoy it on downhills. uphills were great though, and a smooth ride, too.
BUT systemSIX has it all - you feel the road! :mrgreen:

olebole
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm

by olebole

masters324 wrote:My latest Cannondale build.. Thinking about making it flat black again :noidea:
**Please excuse my current crankset as it was the only bb30 I had in my bike box :oops: Thinking about Cannondale Hollowgram for sure.. or maybe wired srm
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/ ... tem6-2.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/ ... tem6-1.jpg


LOVE IT!

What bars?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post