Let's see your Giants

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

slyboots

by slyboots

The build is nice, but damn, they should stop already with the sloping - it already looks like a 29er MTB.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shotgun

by shotgun

It's in the last few steps of the build process (sorry cam phone). I'll take better photos once build is done and position is tweaked

2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

HOCHPROFIL

by HOCHPROFIL

but is not really an SL Frame...it is the "O" Frame ...the SL have the full ISP..

JAHLIVE4EVER wrote:
mh1 wrote:
JAHLIVE4EVER wrote:Just finish the build of my 2012 Giant TCR Advance SL. :D
Hey Jah, what size is that giant? What did you build it up with?

@mh 1 - its a size small frameset and aside from the FSA crankset drivetrain group are Ultegra 6700 grey.
@domo - thanks man! :D

JAHLIVE4EVER

by JAHLIVE4EVER

[quote="HOCHPROFIL"]but is not really an SL Frame...it is the "O" Frame ...the SL have the full ISP..

"O" frame? Check this link http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-in/bik ... 733/54041/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HOCHPROFIL

by HOCHPROFIL

it seems that giant have different names for Europe and US and Asia...

JAHLIVE4EVER wrote:
HOCHPROFIL wrote:but is not really an SL Frame...it is the "O" Frame ...the SL have the full ISP..

"O" frame? Check this link http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-in/bik ... 733/54041/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mh1

by mh1

slyboots wrote:The build is nice, but damn, they should stop already with the sloping - it already looks like a 29er MTB.

agreed. but it's more exaggerated in the smaller sizes. medium + up look ok

bmxed

by bmxed

Updated pictures of my Giant.

And a picture of a new TCR Advanced SL that I borrowed for a test ride.

James_London

by James_London

Nice simple WW rig!

How did the 2012 compare to your earlier model?
How are those shallow Planet X wheels? Are they tubs? I remember seeing them at some amazingly good price and am curious!

bmxed

by bmxed

The 2012 TCR Advanced SL rode really nice. It felt extremely stable, responsive and was stiff whilst maintaining a comfortable ride.

Unfortunately I think it was let down by the components being completely different to what I'm used to and the bike being 1.5kg+ heavier than mine. I would have liked to try it with my saddle and wheels.
I'm put off by the 1 1/4" steerer tube as well, it seems to limit the choice of stems and means you're stuck with the standard fork bung and top cap. I've never felt the tapered steerer on my TCR needed to be stiffer so for me this extra weight from the other components seems to counteract the weight loss from the frame.

Yes the Planet X wheels are tubs.
I gave into that curiousity, I hadn't tried tubs before and decided to try and build a budget sub 1000g wheelset. I've been pleasently suprised by them. They're reasonably stiff and can be built into a light wheelset for not a lot of money. I'm using them with Reynolds blue carbon pads and the braking quality is really good (better than the same pads on my Soul C5.0s). I just wish there was an easy way to remove the logos.
I've been really happy with all of the Planet X parts on my bike (brakes, quick releases and rims). They work, and the pricepoint is lower than other components at a similar weight.

bascombe

by bascombe

Hello evereyone,

I bought second-hand that Giant TCR (aluminium). Do you know what year is it?

Thank you!
Attachments
bici6.jpg

Snabb

by Snabb

Here is my new Giant TCR Advanced, I will cut the steerer tube of course and some new tires tubes and narrower bars to start with.

Cheers :D
Attachments
giantadvanced.jpg
Ride lots!

Schmittler

by Schmittler

The new ride - 6,3 kg

speedwobbles

by speedwobbles

Very nice. The proportions of your SL are excellent.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Here's my defy Advanced 0, its a warranty replacement frame which is why its running tiagra :shock:
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Just thought I'd also post my Defy Alliance, as pictured I believe it is 9.4kg :shock:

I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)