2009 Pinarello Prince "fire" - new pics p.1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sacke

by Sacke

C a s r a n wrote:
thomas wrote:I rather have bulletproof and great looking wheels, than some light but really, sorry .....from a visual point of view..... ugly wheels. :oops:

Yes, CAMPAGNOLO couldn't be written any bigger on those wheels... :shock:

Exactly. :) I must admit that for stealth, under the radar purposes, the bike set-up is not exactly suitable.

I do like the aggressivity of the bike. It motivates me to become quicker. Being dropped by someone on a Specialized CX-bike with CX-tyres, on a silky smooth road is a bit annoying.

Pride is the best motivator! :roll:

bomber

by bomber

Great bike... looks fast!!

Re: the bars.. how do you find them?
Friends don't let friends ride Mavic... or Pinarellos!

My ex ride
My old rides

by Weenie

morephyous

by morephyous

I'm sure the bike looks great in real life, but it just looked real fast the way your friend had it. Apart from the bars, it was perfect. I'm surprised as I run the same saddle and it looked better with the Flite.

I think deeper drop bars would give it more poise. I'm sure some of the others will bag me for these comments but they are light hearted, of the facebook 'Euro' variety.

:lol:

Flossie

by Flossie

miltmaster3 wrote:i am in love with your bike

The 11th and most broken comandment (On this forum anyway)... 'Thou shalt not covet another mans bike!'
Arms of a sprinter, legs of a climber, lungs of a smoker!
I cycle, therefore I am.
http://www.dukinfieldcc.org/ http://photobucket.com/albums/b32/clpowellbikes/

Sacke

by Sacke

bomber wrote:Great bike... looks fast!!

Re: the bars.. how do you find them?

Well, the bars were another purchase that the former owner had laying around. I had been looking for a classic curve, and fell for the Zipp-bars right away.

I think he ordered the bars through Cycles Passieu in Nimes, France.

Sacke

by Sacke

morephyous wrote:I'm sure the bike looks great in real life, but it just looked real fast the way your friend had it. Apart from the bars, it was perfect. I'm surprised as I run the same saddle and it looked better with the Flite.

I think deeper drop bars would give it more poise. I'm sure some of the others will bag me for these comments but they are light hearted, of the facebook 'Euro' variety.

:lol:

I agree on the saddle issue... The Flite has curves that are in just about perfect harmony with the curves of the bike. Too bad my behind can't stand the Flite. I need the indentations of the SLR, or the cushion of an Aliante.

Deeper bars??? I will bag you *pow*! (old Batman style) :lol:

Sacke

by Sacke

I changed the pictures on page 1. The old pictures didn't do the bike justice. :)

morephyous

by morephyous

Bike looks REALLY GOOD now. :lol: Amazing how different photos can change one's perception! Only thing I'd do is cut steerer or slam the stem all the way down :D .

Am always a big fan of white tape and saddle, but if you need to change in the future, why not try red :-).

Beautiful bike!

protocol_droid

by protocol_droid

what about the mtb? PIcs?
naked 3po, the first weight weenie.

Napoleon

by Napoleon

Sacke can you may be post a picture from your bike taken from behind, so that you see your cassette and rear derr. from behind?
Thanks!

Sacke

by Sacke

protocol_droid wrote:what about the mtb? PIcs?

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=50425

There it is.

Since the pictures, the stem has been swapped for a Syntace F99 stem, the handlebars have been changed to Controltech carbon handlebars, and the grips from rubber to foam.

Weight about 100g lighter.

Sacke

by Sacke

Napoleon wrote:Sacke can you may be post a picture from your bike taken from behind, so that you see your cassette and rear derr. from behind?
Thanks!

Do you want a straight from behind picture?

Napoleon

by Napoleon

Yes, if you want to. Thanks in advance!

Rumsas

by Rumsas

nothing less than perfect.

Starter

by Starter

I am the Lorax. I used to speak for the trees, now I speak for the Pinarellos. Your bike is beautiful, but you don't deserve her yet. You will give her a Parlee carbon front derailleur clamp. You will give her a pair of lightweight skewers. You will give her fork a haircut. You will think hard about getting her a pair of lightweight calipers that still brake well, perhaps some NERD's, or even white and red custom -G's... then maybe, just maybe, she will love you.
Oof.

by Weenie