LOOK 595 sold!!!!!! Welcome Colnago Extreme C

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

coloclimber

by coloclimber

jmoley wrote:Only complain is that the extreme C is about 600g or so more heavier than the LOOK with the same setup. Can't explain why...but I do know the Colnago star carbon fork in my hand felt like it weighed a brick and a half.

That is one heavy fork if thats true! What I am reading and am guilty of myself is that the latest is typically the greatest. Sweet bike though. You are right- the EC has a different purpose than the 595.
Both are very special companies and make a range of high end bikes for different purposes. These are better comparisons.
Look 586=Extreme C
Look 595 Ultra= Extreme Power
Look 595 Origin= C50

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rico

by rico

jmoley wrote:I am not saying the LOOK 595 is any way inferior to the Colnago, but my LOOK 595 was the original frame not the Ultra edition....(in this case, we should be doing a comparison between the Extreme Power - built with more stiffness in BB with the LOOK 595 Ultra - built with more stiffness) vs the extreme C.

On flats, I am so much more confident of my pedal power stroke. The Colnago at speed is so much faster, more stable, yet even more comfortable. The frame seems to be begging me to torture it with more pedal power and if it could talk...probably trash talk me by laughing..."is that all you have son???!!!!! you pansy!!!!"

On climbs, forward up the hill motion are so much more smoother and its transfers every last ounce of energy from BB / pedals to crank to chain rotation to turning of gears.

I only did a frame change, swapped the campy record groupset and wheels from the LOOK 595 over to the Colnago.

Only complain is that the extreme C is about 600g or so more heavier than the LOOK with the same setup. Can't explain why...but I do know the Colnago star carbon fork in my hand felt like it weighed a brick and a half.

I lol'd. Fair enough if you like the Colnago, but this is utter BS.

jmoley

by jmoley

Shamus wrote:That is nice one, enjoy it!

Is that saddle normal SLR kit carbonio?
There is some red on the nose :roll:

Just checked with the LBS....my saddle is an 08 model with the red threads trimming. 07 is all white threads.