My Merlin Extralight (new pic on page 1)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I presume 'wine red' will be similar to 'trans red' which was used more commonly on classic italian steel bikes or today's colnago Saronni's? My first thought is nice...thinking the matching red stem maybe too much but hey I could be wrong! ;)

Look forward to this next incarnation...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

RAL 3005 wine red looks like this...

It is also known as burgundy red. Classic Italian indeed in a way, as it is close to the color of pre-war Italians racing cars. I see what you mean regarding the stem, but the good thing about a stem (and the same goes for bar tape, saddle and hoods) is that it's easily replaced for a black one if it does not work out the way I imagined it :thumbup:

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Ahhhh different to what I thought it was...look forward to the build up!

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Timo wrote:Full side pic of what, the white bike? :? The frame set is currently at the painter getting a wine red respray.

YES! Looking forward to this! Getting the stem (and seatpost?) painted as well?

Timo

by Timo

CaptainP wrote:YES! Looking forward to this! Getting the stem (and seatpost?) painted as well?

Guess I'll stick to the plan :wink:
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

nayr497

by nayr497

Your bike seems to look awesome no matter what setup!

Love(d) the perforated saddle + tape. I have a perforated older Flite and some Deda Traforato peforated bar tape on my Casati Laser. I think it looks really sharp, a classic touch.

Looking forward to seeing the new build-up. You must be a very patient person with all these builds, painting, etc.
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

how is it going ?

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Update. Now. Please!

Timo

by Timo

Now that some other projects have been completed, the focus is back on my Merlin. Some teasing...

Timo

by Timo

Right out of the box after it returned from the painter and before I cleaned the frame, so covered in dust and fingerprints and the fluorescent lamps in the shop don't do it any good either. But the photo is to get the idea. Hope I have time to build it up this weekend. Classic color and a mixture of some semi-classic components. A bit hipster perhaps but just the way I want it...

michel2

by michel2

Looking good !(; are those rims open pro ceramic ? Im looking fir a replacement rim butdintthink they were still around,

[quote="Timo"]A bit hipster perhaps but just the way I want it...
Zelf kennis siert de mens (;

Timo

by Timo

That's right, three years ago I was lucky to get some of the last my LBS could order from the Dutch distributor before they were out of stock. But it seems NOS ceramics are still floating around on ebay these days so you should be able to get one or two.

Timo

by Timo

Building it up this weekend. Still have to to the chain, cables, front rings, bartape and headbadge but the overall idea of what it will look like is quite clear...

crimsonbadger

by crimsonbadger

The stem and wheels look fantastic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

A neat solution for the handlebar. We've used one set of Brooks bar tape on each side, clamped the ends of the two lenghts of tape under de brake lever and went up and down from there...