Trek Madone SSL 6.9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

selle san marco aspide carbon fx (2009). weighs 130g, feels almost the same as a regular aspide, a little harder though. the aspide range (i ride 3 different aspides: aspide, aspide fx and aspide carbon fx) simply features the best saddles for my a**.
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

new crankset, new bottle cages. new weight 5.88kg / 12.96lbs.
Attachments
L1040925korrklein.JPG

karlch

by karlch

thats very nice i love mine its full dura ace with bonty carbon tubs but i also love my r3 so i am keeping both hopefully

bomber

by bomber

Probably one of my all time favourite bikes on here. Still lust after that frame
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

bomber wrote:Probably one of my all time favourite bikes on here.
thank you! :D
bomber wrote:Still lust after that frame
me too. :thumbup:

i also like the 2010 madone 6-series. looks a lot better than the madone-series between mine and the new 2010 6-series... but i haven't seen a paint scheme yet which i would sell my frame for... the contador-paint scheme would be a starting point for me, but i would definitely go for some other colours... as decent as one can imagine... but the whole thing would probably not make my bike any lighter. so what for? :noidea:

cryoplasm

by cryoplasm

Light as a super model.

Jules

by Jules

I'm with Bomber here. This bike is awesome, and it's been fun watching it evolve. :thumbup:

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Just when you think it can't get any better, it dose! This is one of the best looking Trek bikes in the world.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

cryoplasm wrote:Light as a super model.
i hope she's also as beautiful! here's my favourite:

eigner

by eigner

Very beautiful Trek! Why did you change the bottlecages?
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

jipperd

by jipperd

Congrats, you've just outdone yourself once again. Your Trek has always been one of my favourits and it just get's better by the day. There is one thing or part I have some thoughts about, and that's the seatpost. In terms of weight this certainly isn't a winner, I know it's decent and solid, but since it's a non-setback there are some other nice models around.
Anyhow a great bike, that doesn't get much better than this.. :thumbup:

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

eigner wrote:Very beautiful Trek! Why did you change the bottlecages?
because the speedplay bottle cages are by far the worst bottle cages i've ever had. hey, manufacturers: bottle cages are supposed to HOLD the bottles. the speedplays simply do not. on rouhg roads, the bottles loosen and fall out. i had to press the bottles in every couple of meters. yes, the speedplay bottle cages look great, the weight is good - but function sucks. sorry speedplay, return to start!

btw, i contacted speedplay. they ignored my first e-mail and, after insisting on a statement, simply told me there is no solution for that problem, the bottle cages aren't covered under any warranty. fantastic job, selling bottle cages which do not hold the bottles and when asked for a solution, negating any responsibility. :x
jipperd wrote:Congrats, you've just outdone yourself once again. Your Trek has always been one of my favourits and it just get's better by the day. There is one thing or part I have some thoughts about, and that's the seatpost. In terms of weight this certainly isn't a winner, I know it's decent and solid, but since it's a non-setback there are some other nice models around.
thanks a lot! :thanx:

ok, the seatpost isn't superlight. but it meets some of my demands: UD-carbon finish, setback (yes, the seatpost offers both, setback and 0-offset), relative lightweight (185g)... and i bought it when i also had a syntace stem and bar which, in the meantime, i changed for a 3t arx team and zipp sl short-shallow combo. the 3t dorico ltd would be an option - but is no lighter than my current syntace p6. other alternatives include ritchey superlogic and bontrager race xxx lite.

eigner

by eigner

okay.. hm thats strange. I race my bike across cobbles, bumps and curves and my speedplay cages hold my bottles more securely than any other cages Ive ever had.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

mythical

by mythical

Man, I couldn't help but NOT overlook this bike. It has serious panache! :D :thumbup:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com