Anthem Advanced

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GSXR1000

by GSXR1000

It's soooo sweet in person! It took forever to get here I can't believe I ordered this in September. It weighs 23.15 lbs and yes that is saftey wire that comes on the brakes.

Nicolas

by Nicolas

Nice, bike though I'm a flatbar + bar end person myself. Safety wire? And why those road pedals?
Think, type, speak... In that order...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Those are not road pedals... But they can be used as such if you want (Fast Freddy)

Knut

by Knut

Stolichnaya wrote:Those are not road pedals... But they can be used as such if you want (Fast Freddy)

The Quattro are advertised by Crank Bros as road pedals and IRC comes with the road cleats that won't fit MTB shoes. Sure, you can use them for MTB, but Candy, Smarty or Acid strikes me as better options if you want/need a small platform.

Benno

by Benno

That is a sweet ride, I should know as I ordered one in September too. Being that I'm in Canada eh it should be another 5 weeks till mine arrives. Did it come with a 2007 XTR cassette? Do the SLR wheels have wheel bags and Ti skewers? Is it a rapid rise or regular rear derailleur? Does it come with Piranha Airlites? Those pedals are reaching Time status for bulkyness :lol:

Nicolas

by Nicolas

Benno wrote:Those pedals are reaching Time status for bulkyness :lol:

Time road or MTB pedals? I like my ATAC Ti carbon pedals and don't find them bulky at all :)
Think, type, speak... In that order...

grover

by grover

nice, now what changes are you going to make to drop some weight? i've got my 2007 anthem0 (aluminium) at 22.96 pounds.

Rickhughes

by Rickhughes

First of all, beautifull looking bike, i may be tempted if my racing improves and i do it more often. (then i can warrant the cost!).

Did those caliper bolts come pre wire-locked or did you do that yourself?

Not sure if thats really needed imo as i have never known mine to come loose in about 6 years of using disks on my bikes but it is a nice touch if they came that way as standard.

If you did it yourself looks like nice work anyway, good attention to detail and reliability, well executed too. 8)

Oh, a bit off topic, how much do those wheels weigh does anybody know, i think they look awesome.

Rick

GSXR1000

by GSXR1000

I had a problem with sharp pains in my right foot during a few races last year so I snagged the pedals off my road bike and tried them and it worked so I decided to put these on this year. They may look big but they are 2ti so they are still light.

The shimano XTR brake bolts come pre-drilled and wired with safety wire. I guess Shimano wants you to be safe.

szajbz

by szajbz

FAntastic bike, but i thing that 4-bolt steam is better

GSXR1000

by GSXR1000

I haven't seen the 4 bolt, but this one is composite. It'll work.

Benno

by Benno

According to Easton, who designed the EC70 specifically to be used with carbon bars, it works pretty well. Who knows for sure, I didn't have a problem with my EA70 and it was 2 bolt. Actually I prefer 2 bolt.

anubis

by anubis

really nice bike. 8)

But I would go for a syntace f99 and Ritchey WCS 25,4 flatbar. I guess, this bike is thought as a race bike, not a Freerider.
Last edited by anubis on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benno

by Benno

Yeah I'm probably gonna throw a flat bar on mine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

szajbz

by szajbz

Monkey lite is the best don change it :D
Its better on down riding from the mountain (u know what i mean)