My new Litespeed Vortex compact

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

After 6 months, my Litespeed vortex compact custom frame is now ready.

Last edited by Rickyfirst on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

col hicks

by col hicks

:D that is super cool

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

col hicks wrote::D that is super cool

Thank you.

jalapeno

by jalapeno

very nice. Must admit tho I've been out off Litespeed by the big decals, wonder if you could get it laser etched or contrast polished instead...
-------------------
Gravitas est meus Hostilis
Painted Roads Cycling: http://www.paintedroads.com
Words: http://mikesimagination.wordpress.com

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Beautiful bike, congratulations!

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

jalapeno wrote:very nice. Must admit tho I've been out off Litespeed by the big decals, wonder if you could get it laser etched or contrast polished instead...

That was not possible even with the custom program :cry:

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Very impressive bick, Rickyfirst.

A true weight weenie build (you don't even have quickreleases! :shock:), congratulations. Nice choice of components. I really like the Corima rims without the decals: nice to see them like that.

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

C a s r a n wrote:Very impressive bick, Rickyfirst.

A true weight weenie build (you don't even have quickreleases! :shock:), congratulations. Nice choice of components. I really like the Corima rims without the decals: nice to see them like that.

I've build this bike to race :lol: .

The transmission is something you can ride during race, stem and handlebar has been choosen for the ergonomia and not so much for the weight. The frame is not the lightest in the world but this is a custom build which suit me perfectly. The wheels has been mounted with 28 and 24 spokes. Tubulars are definitly not the lightest but they are far better than Vittoria evo crono or awful Tufo S3.

All theses choices has been made for the reliability and not only for the weight. This bike could be lighter :lol: .

Luc

by Luc

Beau - ti - ful !

:thumbup:
Pollice verso.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Rickyfirst wrote:I've build this bike to race :lol: .

The transmission is something you can ride during race, stem and handlebar has been choosen for the ergonomia and not so much for the weight. The frame is not the lightest in the world but this is a custom build which suit me perfectly. The wheels has been mounted with 28 and 24 spokes. Tubulars are definitly not the lightest but they are far better than Vittoria evo crono or awful Tufo S3.

All theses choices has been made for the reliability and not only for the weight. This bike could be lighter :lol: .

Totally true, but it still is a very light bike with exquisite component choices.
What do you think about the fork? Have you experienced it for many kms yet?

More pictures available in the RouesArtisanales article: http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article-3576625.html

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Very nice. There are still a few places you can trim some fat and still keep the reliability and durabilty to race. My Frame outweighs yours and I'm at 5790 grams.

Here's a link to my current build but scroll down.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

C a s r a n wrote:What do you think about the fork? Have you experienced it for many kms yet?

I've know about 400 km withe the bike and I can say that the fork is someting rigid.Maybe the fork is helped by the fact that there is any spacer between stem and headset and also by the fact that the front wheel has been build with 24 spokes.

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

Juanmoretime wrote:Very nice. There are still a few places you can trim some fat and still keep the reliability and durabilty to race. My Frame outweighs yours and I'm at 5790 grams.

Here's a link to my current build but scroll down.

Beautiful ti bike :wink: .

I think that the next update will be the power cordz, I've already tested power cordz on my mountain bike and that works great. Also,I will test the KMC X10 SL chain when I will have to change the Campy one.

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

As everybody on this website have lightweights :lol: , I have to test it so a little picture of the bike with Lightweight (sorry for the poor quality of the photo :cry: )

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Hi Rickyfirst,

Just looking back at this topic and comparing your pictures: what happened with the seatpost clamp? Why did you change that one?

Are those YOUR Lightweights, or a pair you could use?