Hello to the world of lean and mean machines

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Cranky

by Cranky

I'm from Sydney, Australia, fabled city in the sun, but in reality rather cold miserable and wet right now! Cycling has been a part of my life on and off for thirty years.
The last four years have been spent commuting 15klms to work and back. In December, work moved way out and the commute now stands at about 56klms. Most of the trips have been done on an old Rodriguez Reynolds frame(from Seattle) with late 70s/early 80s Record gear. It has been alot of fun if somewhat hazardous with the braking and column shifting. Sydney roads are not for the faint-hearted and many drivers couldn't spell cyclist much less respect one.
Anyway, in the spirit of wanting to go fast and maybe joining the local Dulwich Hill road club, I purchased a Cinelli Aliante '06 with '06 Durace groupset, 7800 SL rims and hubs, Speedplay Zero Ti pedals, Deda Newtown stem-handlebars, Deda Super Carbon RS post( was supposed to be Blackstick Mag but the dealer didn't have them in 31.6) & San Marco Aspide FX. Having discovered your site a few weeks ago, 'tuning' the bike would be fun.
Questions:
Are SRP bolts worth putting on a Durace 06 groupset, which parts especially. I can't seem to get a response from SRP via email.
Is KCNC Shimano 10 sp. 11-23 replacement cassette a good performer
What about the KCNC pulley wheels, do they do a 10 speed?
What about Power Chords Brake and Shifter cables verses Nokon.
Can a Cinelli headset be improved?
I hope this is not too muchjavascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

First off, welcome. Big change from the old Reynolds frame to the new cinelli :). I'll try and give you some help with some of your questions, but someone else should be able to help you out with more detailed information

Theres an article in the articles section which may help you decide wheter its worth it to change the bolts throughout your bike (though it uses generic bolts I believe, not SRP, but should give you a good idea).
KCNC Shimano, while many people are very happy with them, every so often a shifting problem crops up - that said, I have shifting problems with my Shimano casettes, so its probably not a big deal. But its not an every day training type of cassette I believe.
KCNC Pulley wheels - dont see why they wouldnt do 10spd, with the range of touth sizes and that you can run chains and jockey wheels together that were designed for a different amount of gears (I believe).
Try contacting the member Iodupoint via PM if you have any queries about power cordz, he's here often enough that he should be able to help, but many people have them, so someone should help. If in doubt, use search, theres been a few discussions comparing the two.
Personally, I wouldnt try improving a headset, but replacing is always an option (if you can on your frame, im not really sure :oops:)

Anyway...congratulatoins on the new bike, we're sticklers arround here for a good bike photo, would be interesting to see. Good luck with the racing :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cranky

by Cranky

Hi Skillgannon.
Thanks for your reply and info. I'll try to get some good pics of my bike in the next couple of days as it is night time now and this cheap digital camera is not doing justice to the bike. I'll post it under the road section of the forum.
(':)')

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Post it here or on the road, but if you want adulation, fanboys, groupies and critics, go for the road forum :)

Weight weenies - the rock and roll years :roll: