Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DHG01

by DHG01

Ritxis wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:08 am
DHG01 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:36 am
Great video; thank you.
To make suena I understood, new force shifters are lighter than Red?

How do those wheels perform? Are the stiff enough?

What are you riding on gravel?
minimum difference between Red and Force 2023 shifters

Force 469 grs.

SRAM-Force-AXS-v2-weights-1-of-9-d10d9e3.jpg

Red con pilas y tapones en las entrada de laitguillos 467 grs.

SRAM-RED-eTap-AXS-road-component-actual-weights07.jpg
Gracias socio

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Really nice build!

I moved it to the build thread

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kilo

by kilo

where can i buy brisk carbon spokes?

MDecius

by MDecius

Just watched your video after an auto-YT recommendation, I was really really impressed and thought "I think I've seen a thread on WW for this?!"

Great work! Enjoy the ride!

PS. Loved the short family theme in your video as well, that brought a smile to my face.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

mashiehood

by mashiehood

i was very impressed by the simplicity of it all and will attempt it on my Cervelo R5 which is looking a little worse for wear so could do with a refresh. Might even paint the fork yellow!
Well done

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Did you buy that fork directly from Deda? I could only find the EDG DB DCR listed here

and how does the expander work? did it come included with the fork?

req110

by req110

I saw it on youtube sooner than here.

0) Amazing build!
1) I would only swap ruzzian components for something like mcfk, darimo or new ultimate (price)
2) instead of ztto cassette, I would go for Garbaruk
3) Force shifters - good point. Their design is impressive and if they are as light as old Red, that's a good deal. I was considering to sell my Red AXS hoods and purchase these, but their price is almost the same and they don't accept cable satellite shifters.
4) Aero wheelset all the time, ideally with tubeless tires.
5) Internal cable routing on Aethos is really nice. The "simplicity and easy to maintain" is not a topic for me, because how often you need to replace headset bearings? Rarely.
6) Using second-tier rear-mech and tuning with cage and pulley wheels is a great idea. I saw something similar with GX AXS here, making it lighter than XX1 AXS.
7) I would look for some power meter!
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

gurk700

by gurk700

Anything above 45 would look ridiculous IMO but 45's look perfection!

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

thanks guys!

To answer some questions that were asked:
- the ride is really good. It feels stiffer than Colnago C64 (whether it is a bad or a good thing) on the same set of Farsports Ventoux S6 Evo wheels (56mm) that I have on it right now.
- the 845g wheels in the video are suprisingly stiff - thanks to the carbon spokes used. I have the same wheels built on Sapim Super spokes and they don't feel as stiff.
- you can buy spokes by contacting Brisk directly - there is a link to their website in the description of the video
- someone asked about my Gravel bike - I ride Syre. You can watch the video on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-xANutPCI
- Deda fork is compatible with the standard Aethos headset
- I bought the fork directly from Dedacciai. It came with the expander and axle.
- New Sram Force shifters are 1-2g lighter than previous generation Red (at least my set that I am showing in the video). I've also used titanium hardware which made them 10g lighter than Red

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

req110 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 7:02 am
I saw it on youtube sooner than here.

0) Amazing build!
1) I would only swap ruzzian components for something like mcfk, darimo or new ultimate (price)
2) instead of ztto cassette, I would go for Garbaruk
3) Force shifters - good point. Their design is impressive and if they are as light as old Red, that's a good deal. I was considering to sell my Red AXS hoods and purchase these, but their price is almost the same and they don't accept cable satellite shifters.
4) Aero wheelset all the time, ideally with tubeless tires.
5) Internal cable routing on Aethos is really nice. The "simplicity and easy to maintain" is not a topic for me, because how often you need to replace headset bearings? Rarely.
6) Using second-tier rear-mech and tuning with cage and pulley wheels is a great idea. I saw something similar with GX AXS here, making it lighter than XX1 AXS.
7) I would look for some power meter!
thanks. Some comments in line:
1) I like what guys from Bjorn Cycles do more than the brands that you mention. I've tested their saddles and seatposts on my gravel and MTB and haven't had any issues at all + the saddles are very comfortable. Therefore, I will not swap them just because this is originally a Russian-based company. They made a clear antiwar statement and are trying to move their production to Europe which was not easy even before the war, but became super complicated now. You want other people to stop buying high quality components produced by a Russian cycling brand for a couple of hundred $, but your/our governments continue to buy oil & gas from Russia paying billions of $ directly to the government of Russia sourcing the war. But rather than going to the street and protesting against that, people on the internet prefer to choose an easy target, without really understanding the whole situation and what companies like Bjorn and people not supporting the war are going through (effectively being hostages in their own country). I don't want this topic to become a political discussion and you can always start a separate thread if you want to express your opinion. Peace.
2) Garbaruk doesn't make road and gravel cassettes, otherwise it would be on this bike
3) I would still prefer new Force because they are much smaller and ergonomically much nicer than older Red
4) I like the looks of aero wheels much more, but that 845g wheelset accelerates like Formula 1.
5) agree
6) agree, Red rear mech would make it a further 20 grams lighter, but the price tag... (
7) I am showing Wahoo power meter pedals in the video. They add 80g to the bike weight. I ride bike for fun and don't have any specific training plan/target, so have stopped using any sensors and power meter and even the heart rate monitor!

req110

by req110

1) Good news that Bjorn made an anti-war statement, and I appreciate that. Truth is that they suffer with this too.
I have to add that our country is not purchasing Russian gas anymore, but portion of oil still flow here :(.
2) Garbaruk makes XD cassettes, you can use them with 1.8mm spacer on XDR driver body, but you may not save any weight and there is no 10-36 option afaik.
3) That's exactly why I would purchase them when building new bike too.
4) It is incredible weight of that wheelset.

Anyway your bike is really cool. Nice build. Makes me consider the aethos again. :D
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

req110 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:21 pm
2) Garbaruk makes XD cassettes, you can use them with 1.8mm spacer on XDR driver body, but you may not save any weight and there is no 10-36 option afaik.
I know I can install their cassettes :)
But the narrowest gear range they make is 10-48T - this is something I use in my mountain bike, but waaaay to much for road

mashiehood

by mashiehood

I have just completed the conversion of my 2018 cervelo r5 with the same fork and its really is somewhat straighforward. No difference in the riding dynamics between my old and new deda fork. I wouldnt want to dismantle the whole system too often and now regretting the spare spacer provision (10mm on top) but i'll cut the steerer when i have some spare time

Aryeh

by Aryeh

mashiehood wrote:I have just completed the conversion of my 2018 cervelo r5 with the same fork and its really is somewhat straighforward. No difference in the riding dynamics between my old and new deda fork. I wouldnt want to dismantle the whole system too often and now regretting the spare spacer provision (10mm on top) but i'll cut the steerer when i have some spare time
I have a 2018 R5. Can you share pics of how it looks?

mashiehood

by mashiehood

couple of pictures attached, apologies for the jaunty angles!
Attachments
IMG_2722.jpeg
IMG_2723.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com