Stripped SuperSix Evo HiMod Disc - 6.46 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

Yurialessandro wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:12 am
May i know which brand of bottom bracket are you using?
i also have same 2018 Himod Team Disc in size 50. Later on i decide to stripped all the paint, final feight of the frame is 755 Gr, Fork is 359,9 Gr.

Yours is slightly lighter eventhough bigger in size.
I'm using the stock cannondale BB. It works fine, haven't had anything like a creak etc. The wheelset is a different story.

Weight difference could be the scales used, or perhaps I just got lucky with the layup..

I've owned about 7 race bikes so far and this one is my favourite. It handles really well, great geo for me and classic looks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

I've been having a good time on 12sp Di2. But i've had an issue where I neeeded to fully max out the rear derallieur adjustment outwards to get the right shifting. I knew something was up but wasn't quite sure where to check.

So I picked up a Park Tool DAG 2.2. Turns out that my new hanger was badly out of spec vertically. Once it was bent into place the derallieur was able to be set around +5 instead of +19, which should hopefully mean a bit better shifting and fine tuning. Very glad that was caught as running the rear der on the max trim wasn't feeling so 'pro'.

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

I got some new (to me) wheels today - Hunt Aerodynamicist 44mm UD Carbon Spokes. Needed to change out the rear through axle to QR. The new axle from hunt is very cheap and easy to swap around. Fitperfect!

These wheels are perfect for what i'm aiming for with this build. They're light and deep, with a modern wide rim. The old hollowgrams had pretty crap hubs and a narrow width - what you'd expect for the time though.

Why not Winspace? The 38mm wheels are the same weight as these, and I got em for a good price. Secondly, I don't like the clash of a butterfly carbon weave againt the raw carbon frame.

So, weight: the HG wheels are 1540g, the Hunt Aerodynamicist are 1388g. Saving a nice 152g.

Weight time! My bike ready to ride (with computer and lights) is 6.82kg with the HG. The Hunts make the bike come out at 6.66kg. Removing computer and lights for a glamour shot brings it to a nice 6.46kg.

Just about where i'd like it to go, as its a great commuter and weekender bike.
IMG_2414.jpg

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Just picked one up in the same colorway in a 50cm. Excitement turned into dissapointment after I weighed the frame in at 841.8g not including any accessories whatsoever, I even took off the chainstay protector! Fork, which has no HM insignia FWIW, is 373.1g with 174mm of steertube. My original plan was to strip it anyway, I'm hoping the paint was just laid on overly thick...

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

dudemanppl wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:08 am
Just picked one up in the same colorway in a 50cm. Excitement turned into dissapointment after I weighed the frame in at 841.8g not including any accessories whatsoever, I even took off the chainstay protector! Fork, which has no HM insignia FWIW, is 373.1g with 174mm of steertube. My original plan was to strip it anyway, I'm hoping the paint was just laid on overly thick...
Good luck! That paint is heavy as hell so hopefully you have some good gains. Hope you're not stripping it yourself, seems like a hell of a lot of work!