An Open Min.D

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Clean39T

by Clean39T

I've had this for a little over a month now but just today gave it its second ride outside - niggling injuries, smokey skies, rain - all conspired to give a lot of trainer time these last four weeks.. With the trainer time though came time to futz with the build, landing it where it is today.

Frame/Fork: Open Min.D - XL
Headset: CaneCreek for Open
Shifters/Calipers, RD (33T), FD, Chain, BB: SRAM Red AXS
Cassette: Red AXS 10-33
Crankset: Red AXS DUB 35/48 w Quarq PM
Wheelset: DT Swiss 25th Anniv (MonChass Style)
Tires: Veloflex Corsa Race 25s (*)
Tubes: Tubolito
Rotors: SRAM CLX-R 160mm
Saddle: Berk Lupina Padded 132mm
Topper: original MOCT, no spacers
Handlebars: Thomson Road Carbon, 40cm
Tape: Fizik Vento Cush
Stem: Easton EA90 110mm, 0-deg(*)
Pedals: DA 9100 +4mm (*)
Cage: Elite Leggero (*)
Misc: Chain Catcher, 4cm Spacers

All of that adds up to 6.74-kg on my hanging scale.

(*) The Easton EA90 is a placeholder for a 120mm x -6 deg Extralite stem - I have the tower of spacers and the 0-deg stem because I'm rehabbing a neck stinger / nerve issue, likely from a crash early summer.. Also considering a Alpinist 120x42 setup, and with either would go to some lighter bar tape. Pedals are going to Time Xpro 15s. Cage swapping to an Alpitude, for function more than weight. And the tires will shortly be swapped out for Panaracer Agilist SL 25s. That might get it at or under 6.5-kg - and from there, I'd have to go to some seriously weenie wheels, likely tubular, to get any further south. Diminishing returns for sure.

The bike was built to do the riding I most love to do - steep climbs and descents all up in and around the 500-750ft hills of the greater Portland area - and so far it seems to be the absolute perfect build for that. Light, lively, stiff, and great braking. Who could ask for anythingn more?

Today's ride was 22mi with 4,000ft of climbing - lots of 20% plus grades.. and ear to ear grins at the pleasure of besting them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com