UPDATE: 3,218g Rugamer

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

donald

by donald

I have this newer saddle that I put on my old Schmolke seatpost two years ago. The total is 72 grams; that's saddle & seatpost. I took 2mm off the length of the seatpost, its now 298mm long. The saddle is a cheap, $30 Chinese saddle that I modified; I shortened the length, took a lot of material off it, and as far as I remember I got it down to something like 23g. It has been doing great for the last two years, no problems. It works for me but it may not work for a heavier person. I've been riding the Rugamer now for 15.5 years. I don't ride it much with tubulars but the weight of the bike with my lightest clinchers is around 3,500g.
Attachments
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG

Throughmarkseye

by Throughmarkseye

Next level work 💯

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Thanks for the update Donald!

Vuong05

by Vuong05

that's insane work. Amazing stuff as always.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Donald you sick bastard!!! Amazing work as always. How are my carbon springs working?

donald

by donald

Hi Mike, The carbon springs were not quite strong enough. I added a little extra carbon to one of them, that helped. I have been using one Ti. spring I made and that has been working great for quite a long time now. I think because I use power cordz I need strong springs. I hope all is well with you.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Donald all is well. I enjoy your constant pushing the envelope toward lightness but always keeping functionality. Let me know if you need other light parts like titanium nitride chain, aerolite alpha TT ti nitride pedals, Corima cork pads, etc

donald

by donald

Mike, I always appreciate your support of my crazy light stuff. You have been a true weightweenie for a very long time. There may be no one here who knows more than you. I admire everything you have done and continue to do. I also appreciate your letting me know that you have some light things available. You seem to have some light stuff on hand and I will keep you in mind for things I need.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Thanks for the kind words donald. You have been at the cutting edge of weight Weenies from the beginning! You make it exciting and inspire others to try their hand at making/tuning parts that you can't get off the shelf.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Still the best WW bike here

donald

by donald

dereksmalls, I appreciate that. You have been a true weightweenie for a long time and you have some amazing things. You have helped many people with your knowledge. I wish you all the best with everything you are doing

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

A nomination to Donald as the Weight Weenie of the year! I have the desease just not quite as much as Donald. This is meant to be 100% complimentary of his passion!
Last edited by Juanmoretime on Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

That would be great. I thought ww of the year disappeared a long time ago. Nice to hear from you again juanmoretime

donald

by donald

Juanmoretime, Thanks for the kind words. You are a long time ww. and have contributed in so many ways and have some great builds. I value the things you say and do. I have said many times cycling should be fun. One can't have fun if one's bike is not reliable or if one has to worry about every pot hole, or if something is going to break. I have been lucky, learned much from others, also much trial and error and you know I only weigh 140 lbs. I can get away with some lighter things because of my weight. Of course I have had some problems with crazy light parts but this bike and all my past ww. bikes are bikes I ride all the time How many people put lots of miles on a crazy light bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com