Hello Weight Weenies!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

slowflow

by slowflow

Hello everybody! I am 43 years old, and just started cycling last September of 2020. I was gaining too much weight and had an old MTB laying around. Had it serviced and used it till January of 2021. Decided on getting an entry level road bike (a 2015 allez elite) that was apparently 2 sizes too big for me (newbie mistake).

After more than year of riding , I have decided to get a road bike with the right size and also got a bike fit.

Here is my new Aethos Comp.

The stem had to be replaced during my bike fit.

Looking forward to upgrade the wheelset soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bullymad

by bullymad

Hey slowflow, that’s a great bike. I have a 56 black comp. I’ve had a lot of Treks and Giants in my time and this is my first Spesh. One of the best bikes I’ve had. Made a few changes, wheels, bars, saddle and tyres which has been really worth while. Enjoy riding yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slowflow

by slowflow

bullymad wrote:Hey slowflow, that’s a great bike. I have a 56 black comp. I’ve had a lot of Treks and Giants in my time and this is my first Spesh. One of the best bikes I’ve had. Made a few changes, wheels, bars, saddle and tyres which has been really worth while. Enjoy riding yours Image

Hi bullymad, been loving the ride! Night and day compared to an Allez. Looks like I will be upgrading in the same order that you mentioned. Mind if I ask what upgrades you got and what the current weight of your Aethos is? I’m at a little over 8kgs.

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Im stoked for you. Congrats on finding cycling and a great bike. You even went for a bike fit! Sounds, and looks, like youve made a great start!
tailwinds!
Last edited by spokenwords on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Welcome to Weight Weenies, it's always nice seeing people pick up cycling. Have fun on your Aethos 🚴‍♂️

slowflow

by slowflow

spokenwords wrote:Im stoked for you. Congrats on finding cycling and a great bike. You even went for a bike fit! Sounds, and looks, like youve made a great start!
tailwinds!
Thank you!!

slowflow

by slowflow

Klaster_1 wrote:Welcome to Weight Weenies, it's always nice seeing people pick up cycling. Have fun on your Aethos Image
Thank you!

bullymad

by bullymad

slowflow wrote:
bullymad wrote:Hey slowflow, that’s a great bike. I have a 56 black comp. I’ve had a lot of Treks and Giants in my time and this is my first Spesh. One of the best bikes I’ve had. Made a few changes, wheels, bars, saddle and tyres which has been really worth while. Enjoy riding yours Image

Hi bullymad, been loving the ride! Night and day compared to an Allez. Looks like I will be upgrading in the same order that you mentioned. Mind if I ask what upgrades you got and what the current weight of your Aethos is? I’m at a little over 8kgs.

Hi Slowflow, sure. I kinda did them all at once mainly because I felt the ride in standard form was a little dead in comparison to my TCR. I grabbed some Prime carbon bars, an Arione R1 saddle, wheels are HUNT 35 CARBON AERO DISC WHEELSET 35 DEEP | 27 WIDE | 1357G, Vittoria latex inner tubes with Veloflex 28mm tyres. I haven’t cut down the steering tube yet but I will do eventually. I use Time XPro pedals and cheap Chinese carbon bottle cages 20g each. Got the bike down to 7.1 kg.
The wheels, tyres and tubes have transformed the bike into the nicest bike I’ve ever ridden, well worth doing Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com