Cannondale CAAD 12

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Nicke

by Nicke

So I picked up a 58cm Cannondale CAAD 12 (2016-2017 I think) frameset for dirt cheap. The plan is to make this a "forever" bike, so weight isn't the number one priority, although I definitely want it below 6.8kg. I will be moving over my Red22 groupset, saddle, bar and Farsports wheelset from my other bike. Plan is to get ee brakes, a Hylix seatpost, Uno stem and a C-bear/Rotor/Sigeyi/Extralite combo for the BB area. I would like to get the Alpinist integrated cockpit, but it's out of my (comfortable) price range and I'm yet to decide on the cockpit dimensions.

I apologize in advance since I'll only be building this up spring 2023 due to Finnish military service, but thought I'd get the thread started.

Now, for the numbers. The frame came in at a surprisingly light 1131g, fork at 342g (still need to cut a cm or two) and frame hardware at 28g (including the seatclamp).
Attachments
IMG_9088.jpg
IMG_9089.jpg
IMG_9090.jpg
IMG_9091.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nicke

by Nicke

Had some parts come in through the mail. I picked up a Lyti -17° 110mm stem coming in at 105g, Cane Creek ee brakes slightly used on Ebay coming in at 175g without the pads, and a Hylix seatpost coming in at 139g, which is 6g lighter than advertised and I'll still be able to chop off a huge amount of post :)
IMG_9208.jpg
IMG_9209.jpg
IMG_9210.jpg