2022 Specialized Allez Sprint - 8.4kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

AnonymousRacer

by AnonymousRacer

I jumped ship from Cannondale (CAAD 8, 9, and 12) and decided on the Allez for the Tarmac geometry and more stiffness. It's quite a bit stiffer than my CAAD12, only a bit more harsh (but riding w/ 3mm wider tires). It is quite a bit heavier, although I can't remember the exact weight of my CAAD12. I was also hoping for a more aero frame, though I'm curious how it compares to the Tarmac which scored well in the Tour test.

In the current configuration, I've only taken it on an easy 1hr spin to give everything time to settle in and brakes to bed. It is noticably more stable downhill in corners compared to the CAAD12. And stiffer as mentioned. The wheels/tires/tubes make a noticable difference in the ride quality over the stock Comp build as I expected. The stock build is pretty slow up hill which reviewers mention. With the new wheels its a lot better up hill, considering its weight.

First impressions on the Hunt wheels are good. These are a few of my feelings after just an hour of rding. I'll give another update once I get a few hundred miles on them. They feel stiff, although I didn't wind them up fully on my first ride. The weight/price/depth I found was hard to beat. Today happened to be a windy day and while I could feel the wind, it was manageable. I couldn't really get a good feel as how they accellerate or hold speed as it was an easy ride just getting the brakes set.

The rear caliper bleed port is pretty tough to reach. I was thinking next upgrades would be r8170 calipers for the wider pad clearance and easier bleed.

I will go lighter in several areas once I settle in. This is a Comp build, with some edits.

Frame/Fork - 52cm Allez Sprint 2022
Seatpost - S Works Tarmac
Wheels - Hunt Aerodynamicist 54 (851g rear, 676g front)
Tubes - Vittoria Latex
Valve Extenders - Continental 30mm
Tires - Continental GP5000 28mm
Front Derailleur - Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105
Front Caliper - Shimano 105
Rear Caliper - Shimano 105
Shifters - Shimano 105
Cassette - Shimano Ultegra 11-28
Crankset - Stages L/R - Shimano Ultegra 36/52, 172.5
Chain - KMC 11spd
Stem - S Works SL7 130mm -12 (173g)
Handlebar - Zipp SL88 40cm (277g)
Handlebar tape - Generic (will be white Deda once finished)
Water Bottles - Elite Vico Carbon (27g ea)
Saddle - Selle Italia Flite 1990 White Aluminum rails (290g)
Pedals - Look Keo2Max
Computer - Elemnt Bolt & Elemnt aero mount (not included in weight)
Pump - Lezyne road (not included in weight)

Weight: 8.4kg

And a poor indoor shot head on image of the cables. I will clean up the cable alignment along with changing to white Deda handlebar wrap in the next couple days, threw on some generic stuff without worrying about it.
formerly known as airsoft510
2022 Specialized Allez Sprint 12spd Ultegra, 8.4kg
2016 CAAD 12 11spd Ultegra, 7.62kg
2009 CAAD 9 10spd Sram Red, 6.72kg

moock

by moock

pictures not working for me

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AnonymousRacer

by AnonymousRacer

moock wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:36 pm
pictures not working for me
Hopefully this one works?

https://imgur.com/a/BqgFie8

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

That looks incredible.
Love the white saddle, bar tap and "cream" wall tyres.

All matching beautifully.

moock

by moock

pic is now working. Why did you get the 105 complete frame just to upgrade to Ultegra instantly?

AnonymousRacer

by AnonymousRacer

Dannnnn wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:15 am
That looks incredible.
Love the white saddle, bar tap and "cream" wall tyres.

All matching beautifully.
Thanks! I've had the saddle in storage waiting for the right time. Thought about some of the other color options, but was attracked to the gloss all black and a simple color scheme.
moock wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:56 pm
pic is now working. Why did you get the 105 complete frame just to upgrade to Ultegra instantly?
The only Ultegra parts are the cassette and the crankset. The cassette I got new along with the Hunt wheels. I'll continue to use the stock wheels as spare/pit wheels. I swapped my Ultegra Stages crankset that I already have from my CAAD12 onto this bike, and put the 105 crankset onto my CAAD12. I priced out several build options for framesets, but found that getting the Comp build was my best option as I could still use my Stages power meter from my CAAD12.

The only other changes are the wheels, and components to help my fit - handlebars, stem, saddle. I gave the stock saddle a try, but didn't like it and went with the Flite which I've been using forever.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcj10

by dcj10

That colour scheme pops nicely. I'd imagine it will draw the eye away from other much more expensive bikes (not that this one is exactly cheap, either).
Main ride Aethos Expert 2021 https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 0&t=169445
First reserve Pegoretti steel 2012 Ciavete paint viewtopic.php?f=10&t=168091