2001 Litespeed Classic. I'm now a Ti Convert.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gurk700

by gurk700

Might as well copy Ryan's threads :lol:

Welp. Been going back and forth between a vintage steel frame with modern components and a modern steel with modern components. Then ended up with a Ti. I've always loved their look but this also rides SO good. I have my 4.96kg Supersix will have its day when I wanna go PR Mt.Diablo or alike but this Litespeed will be my everything else bike. It just puts a bigger smile on my face than anything I've ridden recently. The classic proportions, metal frame, skinny tubes. I'm stoked with this find.

It's bang on 7kg with current components. Could easily go sub 6.8kg or lower but not sure if I care to be honest.

Stem will swap to a -17 degree 110 or 120 depending on what feels best. As it is right now (-12 degree 100mm) , I'm a little cramped in a aero position. Waiting for Kalloy stuff from Fairwheel Bikes.

Handlebar will change to something I'm not sure yet. I love the look of this one with flatter top and would like to keep it that way except go down to 40cm (this one's 42). I also don't want internal routing at all so will have to do a little bit of search.

Seatpost will change as well. Just borrowing from spare Supersix parts at the moment.

I have a Columbus fork. Waiting on CK crown race to swap it out.

That's about it! Stoked.

Last edited by gurk700 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

That's gorgeous proper classic some more pics would be nice

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gurk700

by gurk700

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:40 am
That's gorgeous proper classic some more pics would be nice Image

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2
Thank you :) Yeah hopefully once I'm 100% done with it I'll take proper photos.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

:beerchug: very nice Classic... been wanting one for a while

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Had one and wish I still had it. My Litespped T3 disc is a keeper for life and my Classic would have been when I swapped it for a Litespeed Vortex. Come to think about it I wish I still had my Vortex and my 2008 Lynskey R320 too.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Can't go wrong with the old ti bikes. I have had the catalyst, Lynsey r320,r420, moots. All were great bikes.

oldturd

by oldturd

Very nice build as usual!

I wonder if I need to give Ti another go now!

gurk700

by gurk700

Thank you guys!
I'll be honest, it's making me want to just sell everything else and simplify. With a dedicated training setup on the way (kickr bike)
I feel like I'm only gonna end up riding this litespeed outside :)

DHG01

by DHG01

Gorgeous. I ride a Vortex with similar setup - SR and Mavic CCU (not quite the LWs...).

Question - is that straight fork the original? Not sure if it's the pic, but the grayish tone looks really nice.

gurk700

by gurk700

DHG01 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:36 am
Gorgeous. I ride a Vortex with similar setup - SR and Mavic CCU (not quite the LWs...).

Question - is that straight fork the original? Not sure if it's the pic, but the grayish tone looks really nice.
Yep! Original Reynolds folk. I do like the fork and might go back to it eventually. I thought I wasn’t gonna like it in person but I do. Rides well too without comparing it to anything however. I’ll be trying out the columbus minimal fork to see how I like it though. It’s pretty much same exact shape but lighter and black painted carbon

gurk700

by gurk700

Been riding the trainer A LOT. Today I finally took this thing out for a 4 hour ride. Wasn’t trying to go fast (don’t have the fitness back to the point yet to push too hard on a 4 hour ride) but man… Love how this thing rides SO MUCH. Also I think I’m digging black tires for this one more so than gumwall :)

RyanH

by RyanH

Dibs when you sell it

gurk700

by gurk700

RyanH wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:35 am
Dibs when you sell it
Welp, I kept both the supersix frames although they are parted out :) I think I'm done selling frames. Always ends in tears haha.

flying

by flying

That looks great congrats ! :beerchug:

micky

by micky

Looks ace!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com