CAAD12 under 6.4 kg for less then 1450 USD

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

ordered housing from ali shorturl.at/jlxQ2 and shorturl.at/mnuD7 for brakes
I just have to buy tires and wait for all the deliveries, there is almost no money left, I’m looking for Conti 4000 or 5000 clinchers, have some lightweight maxxis tubes

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

The assembly got stuck, the planet x brakes arrived. That this is some kind of old revision? The distance between the pads is only 25mm, my rim has an outer width of 23mm and they cannot be adjusted, when you press the brake lever they immediately abut against the rim. Am I missing something or are they really made for old rims, up to 19mm wide or something like that? The year of manufacture of the brakes is 10, as I understand it in 2011 they made them wider

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

yup those brakes were super narrow. you can probably remove the conical washer behind the pad holder for a couple more mm.

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

conti gp5000 25mm tires were bought, for some reason the weight is 232g - heavy, also maxxis tubes - 66g each.
also link housing from Ali is here

unfortunately bad news, uno stem with titanium screws and light housing didn't delivered from Ali.
and will they come at all, since I am from Ukraine and we were attacked, the borders are closed and mail does not work even within the country.
In any case, you can't ride a bike right now because of the risk of air attacks, so assembly is delayed, but I will definitely assemble the caad12 of my dreams

good luck
prebsy wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:48 pm
yup those brakes were super narrow. you can probably remove the conical washer behind the pad holder for a couple more mm.
thanks, it's much better now

DHG01

by DHG01

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will end soon and some form of normality will follow.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Hopefully they come to a diplomatic solution, wish you all the best.

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

Hello guys. I am without work and money, but I am still alive. Assembled CAAD12, although not all spare parts arrived. Had to use a bad cork baretape that came free with the handlebar from Ali.
weight is under 30g. Brakes and RD housing is links RISK from Ali, all other housing is cheap LifeLine - heavy, but that's all I had, light ones from Ali will not come. Also, there are no bolts for bottle cages yet
Weight is 6.380g! If all the parts arrived, the weight would be under 6.300. I am very satisfied and I hope that in the future I will be able to put here all the parts that I wanted.

Soon I will compile a detailed spreadsheet with the weight and price of all components

DHG01

by DHG01

Bike is looking really good.
You ll be able to do long rides soon.

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

I'm alive, I made a detailed sheet with weight and cost, everything is in the first post. I have already done several hundred km, overall very satisfied
Unfortunately, not all the necessary parts could be bought and delivered, since there are problems with deliveries and it is unlikely to be better.
The war continues in the country, it's getting worse, but I am alive and this is the main thing, fortunately we can drive on asphalt roads, but it is forbidden to move into forests and gravel roads.
and thanks to those who helped with advice on how to install these brakes

LouisN

by LouisN

Stepashkin wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:50 pm
The assembly got stuck, the planet x brakes arrived. That this is some kind of old revision? The distance between the pads is only 25mm, my rim has an outer width of 23mm and they cannot be adjusted, when you press the brake lever they immediately abut against the rim. Am I missing something or are they really made for old rims, up to 19mm wide or something like that? The year of manufacture of the brakes is 10, as I understand it in 2011 they made them wider

Hope you are well and in a secured place.
I'm still using mine (heavier cast alloy version) and switch from 20.5 wide to 25 mm wide rims pretty easily. Just by releasing the wire a few mm's. When they "age" the spring may lose it's original strength. You can adjust it by screwing the little screw on the opposite side of the cam. With brand new pads it may be a challenge to fit them with wide rims. For the price they really are good brakes (for me at least).
Louis :)

xluthfi

by xluthfi

Stepashkin wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:05 pm
So I recieved my seatpost 25.4 x 350 from Ali - 133g, I think I can cut around 10cm, will be ~110g pretty fine for 20 USD
photo_2022-01-19_17-04-34.jpg

won an auction on eBay with this brakes, the weight should be around 200g with pads
s-l1600.jpg
it's fine with cut 10cm?
how long from bb center to your saddle?

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

xluthfi wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:02 am
Stepashkin wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:05 pm
So I recieved my seatpost 25.4 x 350 from Ali - 133g, I think I can cut around 10cm, will be ~110g pretty fine for 20 USD
photo_2022-01-19_17-04-34.jpg

won an auction on eBay with this brakes, the weight should be around 200g with pads
s-l1600.jpg
it's fine with cut 10cm?
how long from bb center to your saddle?
it's ok, 72cm to the top of the saddle, I have a short legs