TCR Adv SL Disc with 12s Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

A quick recap of my latest build :
- The goal was to build a no brainer for everyday riding
- My critera were, from descending order : reliability -> weight -> aero -> stiffness -> confort
- I live in the Swiss mountains so my rides are mostly hilly / climbs

Giant has a good reputation for manufacturing, and their top end TCR seems to match all my expectations (super stiff, light with a thought on aero, no integrated cable routing)
I went with DT Swiss wheels are they are the benchmark for aero and hubs quality
The latest Shimano Di2 hydraulic was the obvious choice for shift quality / reliability / weight ; I mixed Ultegra and Dura-Ace parts for various reasons (aesthetic of the crankset, smoothness of the chain, etc.). The Ultegra cassette is really heavy, but apart from that the weight savings with DA are so small !
Then to finish the build I used a Roval handlebar (very nice shape btw) + Giant Contact SL Stem

To finish, here is the finished bike with the parts list (I suspect my scale to be underestimating real weights a bit) :

Last edited by IanisCercariolo on Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

da123

by da123

Great looking build and weight! Well done getting hold of the remote shifters as well, I've been looking but no stock at all in the UK. Currently estimated May 2022!

Maddie

by Maddie

That's a great build and the weight is impressively low. What size is the frame?

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

Maddie wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:06 pm
That's a great build and the weight is impressively low. What size is the frame?
That's a Small frame

rwm

by rwm

Looks amazing!