Festka Spectre Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

alexn15

by alexn15

Built up a Festka Spectre Disc. Not their lightest frame as I believe the frame is designed for track racing and sprinters. Managed to bring it down to 6.17 kg.

Here's the Build List:

Spectre Disc Frame size 54 Race
Columbus Futura Disc
Darimo Ellipse Handle bar 40cm
Extralite Stem 120mm -12
Darimo T1 Seatpost and sub 4 clamp
Alpidute Gardena Saddle
Aldhu Carbon Crankset
Campagnolo Record H11 Groupset
Sram XG 1190 11-32 Cassette
Shimano XT MT800 disc rotors (160 / 140)
KMC SL Black Gold Chain
Farsports Feder RD230 wheels (21mm internal, 28mm external width)
Schwalbe Pro One TT 25mm tires (width as measured is 29mm)
Deda Traforato Bar Tape
Kogel Ceramic 4130 BB
Cane Creek Headset with EE Nut expander and top cap
Carbonworks bottle cages
Favero Uno housed in Xpedo Thrust Ti 8 (saved 50g over the regular Favero pedals)

*Garmin mount not included in the weight.

Are there any lighter disc fork options? The Columbus Futura Disc is 435g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nick12

by nick12

Impressive weight! That fork is a porker though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

The open fork or the aethos fork
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

dcj10

by dcj10

From my perspective, the spec is cleverly done. Manages not to look overtly weight weenie, yet could dip effortlessly into the '5's and still keep its character, with a different fork. Can you post a ride report? How viable are the cages to keep a filled bottle secure over bumps?
Main ride Aethos Expert 2021 https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 0&t=169445
First reserve Pegoretti steel 2012 Ciavete paint viewtopic.php?f=10&t=168091

hannawald

by hannawald

dcj10 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:11 pm
From my perspective, the spec is cleverly done. Manages not to look overtly weight weenie, yet could dip effortlessly into the '5's and still keep its character, with a different fork. Can you post a ride report? How viable are the cages to keep a filled bottle secure over bumps?
Bottle cages work well, no worries. I stopped using them when I snapped one mounting something on my bike and accidentaly push it from the side (I just didn´t realise I was leaning my body against the bottle cage) ... it wouldn´t be a problem with "normal" bottle cage but this one is very thin round tube so it is a bit brittle for unexpected forces. For a real weightweenie they are great option, they can withstand normal riding conditions very well.

alexn15

by alexn15

Yes the cages work well. But you have to be very careful as it easily breaks. When in storage I place an old empty bidon on each cage to avoid breaking the cages when accidentally bumped or pushed inwards.

Planning to rebuild this with an electronic groupset and deeper wheels. Will move the lighter parts to an Aethos.

dcj10

by dcj10

alexn15 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:45 pm
Yes the cages work well. But you have to be very careful as it easily breaks. When in storage I place an old empty bidon on each cage to avoid breaking the cages when accidentally bumped or pushed inwards.

Planning to rebuild this with an electronic groupset and deeper wheels. Will move the lighter parts to an Aethos.
This is a lovely project. The cages do sound a bit extreme for me, based on the feedback in this thread. But hell this is weightweenies so.. :wink:
I'm liking the choice of Aldu carbon crankset. I'm considering going down that road at some point.
Main ride Aethos Expert 2021 https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 0&t=169445
First reserve Pegoretti steel 2012 Ciavete paint viewtopic.php?f=10&t=168091

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

dcj10 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 pm
alexn15 wrote:

This is a lovely project. The cages do sound a bit extreme for me, based on the feedback in this thread. But hell this is weightweenies so.. :wink:
I'm liking the choice of Aldu carbon crankset. I'm considering going down that road at some point.
I have had no issues with the bottle cages. What i do dislike is the Extralite stem though!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

alexn15

by alexn15

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:16 pm
dcj10 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 pm
alexn15 wrote:

I have had no issues with the bottle cages. What i do dislike is the Extralite stem though!
I've read about the hyperstem leaving bite marks on the steerer tube. But are the newer versons still the same?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

The newer have had the edges smoother than the older. Basically you could take the older and sand off/ round the edges.
But the stem IMO, is still the one in my collection (20-25 lost count) of stems that is a no no. I would never use it and not sell it either.
I don't care if some guys here think it's OK or good. I would never recommend this stem at anything than alu steerer and alu handlebar.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I've had no issues with the cages or Extralite stem. I've been runnin them for years and no bite marks on my carbon steerer. Strange indeed.
Which bolts are you using on those cages? The stock ones that come with the cages are made of butter and stripped so easy..
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

There are revisions of these cages, i don't remember what mine was, but it's not gen 1. Yes, i use stock bolts and they have been of no issue.
My Hyper stem has damaged two forks and three handlebars. I have been working with watches, so i have some idea of how it is to use low torque.
I have never had any issues with working or using any cycling related components exept Extralite Hyper stem. Not that i recall anyway...
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

alexn15

by alexn15

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:29 pm
There are revisions of these cages, i don't remember what mine was, but it's not gen 1. Yes, i use stock bolts and they have been of no issue.
My Hyper stem has damaged two forks and three handlebars. I have been working with watches, so i have some idea of how it is to use low torque.
I have never had any issues with working or using any cycling related components exept Extralite Hyper stem. Not that i recall anyway...
This comment is very timely. After a month and 660 kms, here's what happened to my Darimo bars:

Stem bolts were torqued under the 3.5nm max of the Darimo bars. Luckily my steerer tube is intact.

Not sure if this is just cosmetic or if the integrity of the bars is compromised. From plain visual inspection, it appears that the bite marks developed into cracks due to the length of the line.

I've sent an email to Darimo as I was about to order an IX2 stem. Not sure if this is covered by warranty.

alexn15

by alexn15

Denavelo wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:08 pm
I've had no issues with the cages or Extralite stem. I've been runnin them for years and no bite marks on my carbon steerer. Strange indeed.
Which bolts are you using on those cages? The stock ones that come with the cages are made of butter and stripped so easy..
Regular stainless bolts. I agree that the stock carbon bolts are useless.

Erwin

by Erwin

Damn, it is a shame! I have tried a lot, but never used the hyperstem. Better stems have more surface area. MCFK, C220, C260, IX2. They are sometimes hard(er) to mount, but bars and steerer tubes will be safer. I hope Darimo will help you out!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com