Oh my, i did it again! Just one more Aethos!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

freepk

by freepk

@overl0ad, no. But with other spider/chainrings options i has same problems. This is why i say befor about integrated/native options.
And almost no additional offsets in DA9200 FD setup

okx

by okx

freepk wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm
Small review.

4k km distance, 50k m ascend, 130h in two months.
I'm 174cm height and 62kg weight.

Time proven components for me:
1) Extralite SPD-3 road disk hubs with XDR freehub - light and just works.
2) Darimo T1 Loop seatpost and Nexum handlebar - very light and comfortable, hold saddle very gently.
3) Duke Baccara SLS2 Ultra 36C - light, stiff clincher rims.
4) EASTON Bartape Pinline Foam - light, durable, comfortable and well stretched then wrapping.
5) Gelu S-1 - light, durable and comfortable with prostatic hole.
6) Voxom FH12 bottle cages - light, adequate cost and aviability, hold 750ml bottles securly.
7) Rotor ALDHU cranks 170mm and chainrings 52/36 - very light, stiff and works shift perfect with DA9200.

And of course the main thing for me is a Aethos frame. This is my best road endurance bike. I get so many fun and pleasure with it at last two months.
Thank you so much, Specialized :)
How do you like wheels with Duke Baccara 36C SLS2 rims? I couldn't find any info about cross wind stability which is my priority nr. 1.
I'm still looking for upgrade options for Campy Bora One 35, which I'm using on my Aethos and Duke rims looks like a nice option.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RustyCage

by RustyCage

Freepk, I love your build, very inspiring! I'm using your comments to template my own build. Hopefully I'll get it build up in the next month (just waiting for a cassette!!)

Question: when you were testing compatiblity, did you need to shim the bb for the Red integrated power crankset with the FD-R9250, or was the front derailleur within the adjustment limits? Any other issues? I'm planning to run the Red chain/cassette/crank with everything else being DA.

freepk

by freepk

@okx there are two versions SLS2 and SLS2 Ultra, second option is lighter. I dont feel any problems with cross wind. Wheels are stiff, stable and light )

@RustyCage, sorry, but i dont remember about shims, but it works much better then DA9200 50/34.
I talk about Quarq RED PM with integrated chainrings 48/35. Better option will be 50/37. With 48/35 you have to move FD in lowest position.

Cheers.

freepk

by freepk

Small changes in cockpit, all Darimo & Gelu swapped to https://bjorncycles.com

Darimo and Gelu is good, but too flexy and feels like noodles for me. Bjorn a bit heavier but much consistent and stiffer.

Assioma DUO pedals changed to Sigeyi spider PM with Rotor 52/36 chainrings and Speedplay pedals. Shifting is very good.

VvM

by VvM

freepk wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:27 am
@tmanley, no issue at all, works flowlesly :-)
I use ROTOR ALDHU cranks and chainrings, DA9200 FD, RD, Chain and SRAM 10-28 cassette.
Btw Token Bottom braket is very nice too.
Cheers.
I didn't know you can use SRAM cassette with DA9200 (only just started looking into Shimano's 12spd). How is shifting performance? Perhaps silly question, but do you need a different freehub for SRAM vs Shimano? Or would both cassettes fit on the same hub? I am reading mixed stories so I am confused. Thanks!

freepk

by freepk

@VvM no issues with shifting, just work.

Cassette with 10t smallest cog cant be fitted to Shimano freehub, XDR freehub required.

Vik61

by Vik61

What do you think about Galfer Wave road rotors? I saw it at your old aero bike
Canyon Grizl
Trek Supercaliber

freepk

by freepk

@Vik pretty nice working and good looking piece of steel )

freepk

by freepk

Far far away from start ) Thousand miles behind :)