2016 Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

Im a long time lurker but this is my first time posting and my first proper WW build.

I recently picked up this Supersix Evo to replace the Trek crockett that I've been using as my road bike. It's a size 54 HiMod rim brake frameset and I believe its the 2016 model.

The plan for now is to build it up with a mix of new parts and parts I have lying around until I'm happy with the fit and the gearing. After that I'm going to start swapping things out for lighter parts as and when I can afford to.

This is going to be 1X so I've gone with a Gabaruk 48t narrowide chainring and I managed to find a NOS set of the older RED cranks and some RED callipers, the rest of the drivetrain will be the Force 1 groupset from the Trek. A lovely carbon tubular wheelset is on its way to me and Merlin happened to be selling some Corsa G+ tyres for a great price.

Once the wheels have arrived I'll start stripping the Trek and building this up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ehlpitel

by ehlpitel

Any idea what the frame weighs?
2014 Madone 5.9 w/R9100 shifters and R8000 everything else- using 38mm ICANs or 60/90 SuperTeams- 7.25kgs with the ICANs and Garmin Vector S dual sided PM pedals- not super light but not a dog, either!

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

I'll post weights for everything once I start putting it together but my frame weighs 910g with the bottom bracket and headset installed. I think the claimed weight for a 56 is 777g and I imagine my 54 is pretty close to that if I take out the BB/headset and remove the mech hanger etc.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Welcome to weight weenies and looking forward to your build. ,

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

^Thanks Currieinahurry!

Im still waiting on my wheels so I havent started stripping the Trek yet but in the meantime here are some weights for the frame/fork and the parts I've been accumulating.

Frame: 910g (including headset, bottom bracket, cable stops and mech hangers)
Claimed weight for a 56 hi-mod is 777g so I would imagine my frame is pretty close to that with the BB and everything removed

Fork: 277g (including stock expander)

Sram Red cranks: 365.2g (these are the older style 5 arm hiden bolt ones from 2012)

Gabaruk 48t narrowide chainring: 74.5g (add on another 11.7g for the chainring bolts)

ZTTO 11-36 cassette: 234.5g

PYC 11speed chain: 234.g

Sram Red Callipers: 259.1g (including stock pads)

Deda Superleggera stem 120mm: 117.9g

Carbon top cap and headset bolt: 7.7g (not sure what this is, it came with the frame, looks like MPart though)

Headset top cover: 3.9g

Cannondale Save seatpost: 199.4g

Cannondale seat clamp: 11g

Smud carbon saddle: 73.6g

If my weight estimates for the remaining parts are close and the wheels come in at their claimed weight, it should hopefully be under 6kg without pedals but I wont know for sure until I strip the Trek.

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

The wheels have finally arrived, theyre about 100g heavier than the claimed weight but they look fantastic so I'm happy to take the weight penalty.
Heres what its looking like with the new wheels and the parts I've thrown on so far.

and here are the weghts for the wheels and tires (not including tubular tape)

Front wheel: 576.9g

Rear wheel: 747.4g

Tires: 298.7 and 304.3g (rubber band weighs 1.3g)

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

Great find as I do like that color scheme plus always hard to go wrong with an Evo Hi-Mod. I like the choice of parts - SRAM Red works well for me and will to keep the build light.

I'm curious to see the final build.

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

Thanks! I have pretty much everything I need now, just need to find the time to strip the Trek and then this will be ready to build.

On another note, I want to remove the front mech hanger from the frame but Id like to replace it with a cover of some kind because I dont like the idea of just having bolts or open holes. Does anybody know of anything like that?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

mediocreXwizard wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 pm
On another note, I want to remove the front mech hanger from the frame but Id like to replace it with a cover of some kind because I dont like the idea of just having bolts or open holes. Does anybody know of anything like that?
Just measure the resultant holes and purchase some appropriate rubber grommets from a hardware store.

666pounder

by 666pounder

Can't wait to this build. The preview pic looks fantastic already. One of my favorite supersix colorway. How is it going and why did you decided to swap trek with supersix? I,ve recently swaped an Izalco frameset for emonda, but im tempted to build izalco with 1×11 as my second bike.

gurk700

by gurk700

How can you go wrong with a supersix? :)

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

MichaelK wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:38 pm
mediocreXwizard wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 pm
Just measure the resultant holes and purchase some appropriate rubber grommets from a hardware store.
Great suggestion, thanks!

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

666pounder wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:38 am
Can't wait to this build. The preview pic looks fantastic already. One of my favorite supersix colorway. How is it going and why did you decided to swap trek with supersix? I,ve recently swaped an Izalco frameset for emonda, but im tempted to build izalco with 1×11 as my second bike.
My Trek is a Crockett CX bike which was originally set up as a flat bar single speed cross bike but I've been using it as a sort of all-road bike for about a year now. It's a great bike and it makes a more than decent road bike but I also have a Curve GXR gravel bike. It made more sense to me to get a dedicated road bike rather than have two all-road/gravel bikes so I decided to sell the Trek and by the Supersix.
I have everything I need now to finish the Cannondale, just need to find time to drop it off with my mechanic to build it up properly. Should be ready within the next week or two though I hope.

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

The finishing touches

And here are the weights for those that are interested, along with the shifters and mech that I stripped from the Trek

Rapha Pro Team bar tape: 62.8g including plugs (probably around 55g installed)

Mt Zoom QR skewers: 46.1g (I may swap the front skewer for a Tune Syline that I have lying around)

Sram Force 1 Mechanical levers: 318.9

Sram Force 1 Rear mech with gabaruk cage: 268.4g

Speedplay Zero stainless pedals: 207.4g

Predicted total weight for the build with Ican cables is around 5.8kg without pedals and hopefully just under 6kg with the speedplays

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tallboy

by Tallboy

Great looking bike, lovely proportions. Will you de sticker the wheels or keep them on?
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"