2016 Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

Tallboy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:05 am
Great looking bike, lovely proportions. Will you de sticker the wheels or keep them on?
Thanks! I'm going to keep the stickers on the wheels, the reason I went with Hifi is that a good friend of mine is sponsored by them and friends with the owner. He managed to get me a great deal on the wheelset so it would look bad if I went and destickered them.
All that aside, I quite like the decals anyway.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onegear

by onegear

build looks great so far. Can't wait to see the final build for this entry of the Supersix Evo club!

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

onegear wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:45 pm
build looks great so far. Can't wait to see the final build for this entry of the Supersix Evo club!
Thanks, I cant wait to get it finished. Just dropped everything off with the mechanic today, should hopefully be ready in the next day or two.

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

Unfortunately I've run into an unexpected problem. The BB spindle on my Red BB30 cranks is too short for the BB30A shell on the frame.
On some later generations of Red cranks you can get around this by removing the pre-load adjuster but sadly my cranks are of the older generation and the adjuster cant be removed.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what cranks I could use other than Hollowgrams?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Are you sure your pre-load can't be removed? Mine was really, really tight.

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

MichaelK wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:21 pm
Are you sure your pre-load can't be removed? Mine was really, really tight.
Apparently not, at least not according to my mechanic, I don't know if its just a difference between generations of Red crank?
I managed to get a newer set of Red cranks that are the same as the ones my friend is running on his hi-mod (with the pre-load removed) so fingers crossed those will work.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

looks great. :up:

mcal8055

by mcal8055

Welcome to the SSEvo club. I have the same model, but the paint from the previous owner had been badly chipped. Was a great excuse to get it custom painted!

19dford78

by 19dford78

Great bike. Had one of these in a 58 with sram red. Loved it. Rapid up a hill and I'd have it all over again in a heart beat - shouldn't have sold it.

Cracking build you have on the go.

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

At long last it's finally built! Weight as pictured is 6kg exactly according to my scales.

Thomson

by Thomson

That's sweet as man. How you finding the 48 tooth 1x? We're do you get the save seatpost from ? Can't find one one were. I would like a plain black one but the white one might match my frame like it does yours 🤙

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

I haven't been able to take this for a proper ride yet so I can't really comment on the 48t 1x setup. I run 42t 1x with the same 11-36 cassette on my gravel bike though and thats been great for the kind of riding I do.
The seatpost came with the frameset when I bought it, not sure where you could find one these days other than ebay.

Fabianinduplo

by Fabianinduplo

Wow. Excellent build. Looks fast. Love the proportions.

mcal8055

by mcal8055

Looks a lot better than the SSEvo that I bought in the same colorway. The paint had been trashed by the previous owner, so I had to get it re-painted. If you're looking to drop grams on the seatpost, I'd go with MCFK.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mediocreXwizard

by mediocreXwizard

Fabianinduplo wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:37 pm
Wow. Excellent build. Looks fast. Love the proportions.
Thanks, it feels fast but I stil havent managed to get out for a proper ride yet!
mcal8055 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:31 pm
Looks a lot better than the SSEvo that I bought in the same colorway. The paint had been trashed by the previous owner, so I had to get it re-painted. If you're looking to drop grams on the seatpost, I'd go with MCFK.
I thought I was going to repaint this one originally but the paint scheme has grown on me. I will definitely be chaning the seatpost once Im happy with my position though, either Darimo or MCFK