Pinarello Dogma F12 Venus Orange Super Record EPS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

Hello dear forum members!

I have been a silent reader of the forum for a long time but now I´ve decided to pull the plug and become a real weight weenie. :D

I´m looking to shed some weight of my beloved orange Dogma and therefore would love to hear your advice.

The current build is coming in at 7,63 kg and i would like to get it below 7kg.

Setup is as follows:
frame: f12 rim brake, size 57,5
wheels: Campagnolo Bora WTO 45
groupset: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
chainset: Super Record 175mm
cassette: Super Record 11-32
handlebar: Most Talon Ultra 42cm, 130mm stem, with heavy stock computer mount
saddle: Most Lynx Carbon, supposedly 150-160g
pedals: Shimano Ultegra
tyres: Continental GP5000
innertubes: Schwalbe Aerothan
bottlecages: Elite leggero
skewers: Tune DC130

I have already got my Darimo Seatpost (111g) and a pair of Cane Creek EE brakes, Deda Perforato griptape and some Niro Turbo Glide brake cables + housings which I will be installing later this week.
- I expect all of these part to lighten the bike by approx. 300g (hopefully more) :D

Therefore I have to get some more upgrades to loose another 3-400g to get the full build below 7kg.
What would you suggest to get? What would be the most cost-effective way to loose another 400g?

I have to mention that I really like the look of the Super Record Crankset and would therefore like to keep it. ;) Also I´m not that keen on trying a full carbon saddle.. And I already thought of the Berk Lupina, but I´m unshure if it would look any good on the bike, given the saddle position I´m currently riding.
If necessary I´m also willing to go down the tubular route, but i would not be willing to compromise on braking performance, as I will be moving to the alps permanently in about a year from now. Was thinking about Bora Ultra 50 tubular (1215g) or some Princeton Carbonworks Peak 4550 tubulars (1070g)..
But maybe you guys can guide me to a more / or at least equal cost effective way of loosing these 400g.

best regards from Vienna, Austria.

Attachments
IMG_20210601_112427~2.jpg
Last edited by NiloCoppi on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Low hanging fruit - you can change your Ultegra pedals to Xpedo Thrust SL - Ti and save 84 grams.

You could save some weight from the saddle with something like a Selle San Marco Supperlegra but saddles can be personal, and if you find one you really like, weight becomes almost irrelevent.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

Mocs123 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:14 am
Low hanging fruit - you can change your Ultegra pedals to Xpedo Thrust SL - Ti and save 84 grams.

You could save some weight from the saddle with something like a Selle San Marco Supperlegra but saddles can be personal, and if you find one you really like, weight becomes almost irrelevent.
good andvice on the pedals.. but I´m unshure as I am using the shimano pedals with the longer axle. :?

the Selle San Marco Superleggera saddle looks nice, thank you for your input!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Berk saddles look good on any bike also you could get it colour matched to your bike. They are super comfy but you need to be carefull with them as they are not the most durable. How about looking at that new darimo intergrated bars and stem? If your trying to go full bling which with an orange Pina I'm guessing you are

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:25 am
Berk saddles look good on any bike Image also you could get it colour matched to your bike... Image
really unshure as i have my saddle pushed all the way foreward and the Berk lupina looks like a really long saddle. Was thinking more about the Berk Dila or a Selle Italia SLR Boost.. also these Selle San Marco Supperleggera saddles look nice.

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:25 am
..How about looking at that new darimo intergrated bars and stem? If your trying to go full bling which with an orange Pina I'm guessing you are ImageImage

yes they do look very nice, but I´m unshure how they would look combined with the chunky Pinarello spacers below.. and not to mention cable management. And I think they are offering them only in 110mm length, I would need at least 120mm. Have herd that regarding the cables its best to just stick to the original Most bar.. :?: otherwise also a THM Fibia would look cool. :D

robbosmans

by robbosmans

First of all gorgeous bike, I am a sucker for pina’s.

In terms of saving weight:

Most Talon Ultra light (from the F) should save some weight, together with the headset from the F as well. Maybe even the seatpost clamp from the F.

Other little things like bar tape, cable housing also all add up

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

robbosmans wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:18 pm
First of all gorgeous bike, I am a sucker for pina’s.
thank you!
robbosmans wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:18 pm
In terms of saving weight:

Most Talon Ultra light (from the F) should save some weight, together with the headset from the F as well. Maybe even the seatpost clamp from the F.
I will investigate about that. Was also thinking about changing the headset expander to a lighter one..

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Darimo seatpost will save you some weight too.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

"have already got my Darimo Seatpost (111g) and a pair of Cane Creek EE brakes, Deda Perforato griptape and some Niro Turbo Glide brake cables + housings which I will be installing later this week".

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

Update:

today I installed the Darimo Seatpost, the new brake cables and housings, the ee brakes and the Deda Perforato griptape.

As expected installing of the new brake cables wos a real pain, but fortunately we made it. Then I discovered that the normal Campagnolo brake pads don´t fit the brake shoes of the ee brakes.. :oops: but for now I´m good, the right pads will be delivered tomorrow.

And to my big surprise the final weight savings surpassed my expectations, the weight came down to 7295g!! :beerchug:

Also one big surprise the weight of the saddle which I suspected to be around 160g but its 194g!! So now I now I will be getting a new saddle for shure.

I´ll be keeping you up to date how its going. :)
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.10(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.11.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.11(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.11(2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.11(3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 20.43.11(4).jpeg

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I love a bright coloured frame but only when the other parts of the build let the frame do the talking.. interested in watching this build and how you drop some weight from it. Will defo need to drop some weighty from my basso in the coming few months.

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:17 pm
I love a bright coloured frame but only when the other parts of the build let the frame do the talking.. interested in watching this build and how you drop some weight from it. Will defo need to drop some weighty from my basso in the coming few months. Image

thank you, I take that as a compliment. :)

Next thing for me is going to be a new saddle for shure. Still debating if Berk Lupina, Dila or the Alpitude Gardena. :?: The Alpitude kinda looks the best, but not very much reviews out there..

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I've got a lupina super comfy and love the style but defo not strong. Getting the bridge colour coded really adds a nice custom touch too

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

Beautiful F12. I will be watching to see how you go. I’m building up a Dogma F (when it finally arrives) and would love to get it under 7kg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Attermann

by Attermann

You just need shimano style brake pads, campagnolo makes on too for carbon, just buy the version that has X in its model name