Ryan's Not a Gravel Bike (Crux 2022)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

gSporco

by gSporco

RyanH wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:16 am
My priorities are brake feel. I think Campy offers a braking package that feels better than rim brake whereas the others just feel on par to good rim braking. After that it's ergonomics and shifting and aesthetics.

Shimano is like a Lexus. It works flawlessly and does its job perfectly but it's just not sexy to me. Most of that has to do with my limited experience with its braking and semi metallic pads. Was never a fan and those experiences on 9170 kept me on rim brakes. SRAM was even worse as there were a few demo bikes I tried that I felt were worse than my rim brake setup. The latest stuff seems to be a lot better but their shifting is still subpar compared to campy and Shimano.

I've put up with etap for way too long solely due to brake feel on the rim brake setup I have.
Very interesting, I have yet to try Campy.. but tour assessment on Shimano and Sram seem spot on based on my experiences. Thanks for your insights
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos - Evolving build
Niner RLT 9 Alloy - Stable Mable
Specialized Chisel - Dirty Derick
Retired Cervelo Aspero

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

great build!
imo the current crux is the nicest bike, specialized ever produced. i would use it as gravel bike as well as a road bike (-meanwhile, after-no fault of my own-a heavy accident with a car, and car drivers behaving increasingly ruthless, here, in germany, even more as a gravel bike!)