Ryan's Not a Gravel Bike (Crux 2022)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

AnkitS

by AnkitS

The S-Works seems like a cash grab from masters racers. The frame kit options on the 10r version are really nice to see.

bananastand

by bananastand

This is going to be *f##k* sick. Cannot wait to see it built up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is the weight of the frame not rather disappointing given the claimed weight by Specialized for a 56 frame with 825g?

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

54 headtube still too tall eh? Building it like WT pro bike.

Maddie

by Maddie

ChrisRideLog wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is the weight of the frame not rather disappointing given the claimed weight by Specialized for a 56 frame with 825g?
??
That's a 35g difference. Totally within tolerance and still a fantastic weight for a gravel frame

rothwem

by rothwem

Jeez, 130mm stem on this thing? You must have some interesting dimensions, the reach on this bike is already really long.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Maddie wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:14 pm
ChrisRideLog wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is the weight of the frame not rather disappointing given the claimed weight by Specialized for a 56 frame with 825g?
??
That's a 35g difference. Totally within tolerance and still a fantastic weight for a gravel frame
35g heavier for a size 52. Who knows what the 56 would actually weigh.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

RyanH

by RyanH

Not defending it but there's probably 30g of stickers (chainstay protector and downtube), 9g for the metal cover for cables and maybe 15g for the RD hanger? The latter two items I think should be included in frame weights but the frame protectors probably contribute a bulk of the weight discrepancy.
FactoryMatt wrote:54 headtube still too tall eh? Building it like WT pro bike.
Lol, that's the point.

rothwem wrote:Jeez, 130mm stem on this thing? You must have some interesting dimensions, the reach on this bike is already really long.
Pretty standard dimensions. I just ride a pretty aggressive fit.

kode54

by kode54

That was pretty fast…getting the frame set! Impressive.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

borist

by borist

This is a sweet build.... looks perfect for the Ponies ride - look forward to seeing it soon!

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

RyanH wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm
Not defending it but there's probably 30g of stickers (chainstay protector and downtube), 9g for the metal cover for cables and maybe 15g for the RD hanger? The latter two items I think should be included in frame weights but the frame protectors probably contribute a bulk of the weight discrepancy.
Fair point!

Btw good choice of the color. If I would pick one, it would have the same color.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

So that's the Dusty Blue/Ice Papaya colourway? Looks like the blue is almost black, or is that just the lighting?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

romanmoser

by romanmoser

good to have you back
even if you never really left

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Wanna see this bar/stem drop when its done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evildead

by evildead

Also looking to build a Crux with Ekar. Interested to see whether you run into any issues during your build.

What chainring size are you using? I'm thinking about 42T, hopefully it'll fit with decent clearance