Trek Madone SLR 9 2021 project one 52cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CarbonSteve

by CarbonSteve

Hi guys so i have now built my Trek Madone SLR 9 Project one 800 oclv fitted with the Emonda bars rather than the stock two piece, i was expecting a build of just under 7.5kg, when i got it on the scales fully built with two bottle cages pedals garmin mount it was 7.295 so as you can imagine i was extatic, i cant say ive seen another Madone that light with deep section wheels and with disc and tubes, so how did i build it.

Frame and forks 52cm with headset bearing and cable ring and seat clamps 1.90kkg

Dura Ace DI2 groupset 9170 disc with kmc SL chain 210gms, Sram XG1190 11-28 194 gms, Dura Ace 52-36 4iiii double sided power meter

Pedals Look Keo titanium 190 gms

2 x Bontrager bottle cages 16gms each

Wheels Roval Rapide CLX 50s 51mm front 60mm rear mfr claimed weight 1400gms less rim tape

2x thru axle skewers 60gms

Tyres S Works turbo 26mm 227g each

Tubes Tubolito S 23gms each

Saddle Sworks Romin 139gms

Front disc 140 instead of stock 160 saving 10gms

Life line bar tape from Wiggle its cheap but its bloody good didnt weigh it though

Emonda bars one piece 294gm.

Bottom bracket Hansling ceramic threaded 95gms

Fitting the bars was a bit of a nightmare as i had read the Madone could be converted to the Emonda bars rather than the two piece standard saving nearly a wopping 200gms, the first spacer is the head spacer which is painted and for the Emonda bars to fit you have to have a different spacer to the one supplied with the Madone as is the same for all the other spacers, i learnt that the Madone SL 6 has satndard bar and stem and the spacer kit for that is same as the Emonda so that is what i needed, i was worried of the asthteics as standard bar and stem are fully intergrated and look cool wheras as the Emonda as you can see in my photo below has some cables showing but in my eyes i think it looks pretty good, and worth the nearly 200gm saving. I had to buy the spacer kit from Trek to convert easy said than done when hardly anyone knows how to do this espeacially Trek them selves, i was sent the wrong parts to begin with and explaining on the phone was a near imposibility so i had to take a video of what i needed, eventually one guy realised what i needed and ordered it for me and hey presto it worked.

Couple of pictures showing a 105 crank arm as fitted the 4iiii day after i took these
tempImageaTJ3Gz.gif
tempImagehIYe9m.gif
tempImagevUsGIA.gif
tempImageTudI5v.gif
tempImagewFWUCP.gif

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com