Standert Kreissäge RS Fluo Forest

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mesi

by Mesi

I was already on the fence for a while, but you pushed me over.
As soon as they restock, I will pull the trigger.

I will probably carry over most parts from my Ultimate though.

Edit:Sp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

genzowakabayashi

by genzowakabayashi

DHG01 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:26 pm
Yes, it does look good. Attached a pic, though now it has a Dila and higher profile wheels.

Yours is stunning and nicely built. It has DM brakes, right? How do you feel about them? I am currently having one built with DM brakes, but I haven't ever tried them.
I ride my bike not only for trainings but also for commuting in the city and I haven't faced any problem yet. I'm satisfied with the response of brakes when I need them. Other than that, I experienced some long descents around Bergamo and the result was pretty satisfying again.

genzowakabayashi

by genzowakabayashi

Mesi wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 pm

I'd suggest you to subscribe for the newsletter so you won't miss when the frames / bikes are back in stock again! :)

genzowakabayashi

by genzowakabayashi

robin3mj wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:48 am
Very nice. I have this same bike in the team cream-colored paint job. Mech Force and Campy Neutrons. It boogies.
Sounds lovely!
Post some shots here! :)
Last edited by genzowakabayashi on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

genzowakabayashi

by genzowakabayashi

flying wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:34 am
Very Nice Congrats! :beer:

I have always like how Standert's bikes look both Alum & steel

I am a little surprised though by the weight especially as your looks like a smaller frame
Not that it has to be lighter & main thing is the ride but

Did you weigh the frame before building? Just curious
I see their spec states
Frame (size 54) 1435g, Fork 450g

Thanks
No, unfortunately not.
The size of the frame is 54.

My first plan was building it with the previous version of Sram Red mechanical groupset so it would be a lighter bike but then the red details on crankset annoyed me as I'd like to keep the attention on the frame itself. Thus I decided to build it with Sram Force eTap AXS.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I keep coming back to look at this. What's the ride like being an alloy frame?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

genzowakabayashi

by genzowakabayashi

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:18 am
I keep coming back to look at this. What's the ride like being an alloy frame?

I'm pretty satisfied.
I'm a hobby rider so I'm not racing or something but I've ridden many different bikes in last ten years, including every material.
I'd easily admit that this is one of the best aluminium frames I've ridden so far.
Its aggressive geometry makes you feel like pushing harder and harder, especially whilst you have your own rythm on the road.
I was afraid of feeling super uncomfortable -since I mostly ride my steel bikes- but the high-end carbon finishing kit and wheels didn't disappoint me! :)
Considering that the Standert Team actually ride the same frame, I'd say that the frame is even greater fit for the ones who rides competitively.
Also, Maurice Ballerstedt used to ride a Kreissäge :) https://www.instagram.com/p/B1bPjAMizaq/

Mesi

by Mesi

genzowakabayashi wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 am
Mesi wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 pm

I'd suggest you to subscribe for the newsletter so you won't miss when the frames / bikes are back in stock again! :)
Already done!

pr1nce

by pr1nce

I also have a Standert Kreissäge 2nd Cut in size 50 PC, 6.8kg on the dot with some room to improve. Coming from a carbon frame it's very similar in stiffness, however what I loved about this frame the most is that they tuned the geometry for shorter riders.

genzowakabayashi

by genzowakabayashi

pr1nce wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:46 pm
I also have a Standert Kreissäge 2nd Cut in size 50 PC, 6.8kg on the dot with some room to improve. Coming from a carbon frame it's very similar in stiffness, however what I loved about this frame the most is that they tuned the geometry for shorter riders.
You mean the project compact thing, right?
Yes it's really making key difference both on performance and positioning.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

pr1nce wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:46 pm
Do you have a build list or a link to your build? For 6.8kg I am guessing its rim brake not disc.

vinc

by vinc

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:I keep coming back to look at this. What's the ride like being an alloy frame?

It’s a smooth ride and a sharp steering and quick accelerating bike, racy geometry. Frame is very stiff but still compliant. I enjoy every time riding it.

Mine is a size 54 disc and I did my own build last June with mechanical Record 12 speed disc. For now I put the Fulcrum R3db wheels from my cx bike in and 28mm tubeless tires, looking out for a nice set of carbons. The Kreissäge is good competition for my Colnago C60 which has practically the same geo with a somewhat steeper headset angle, just a bit heavier but you hardly notice that here in NL.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

robin3mj

by robin3mj

genzowakabayashi wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:51 am
robin3mj wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:48 am
Very nice. I have this same bike in the team cream-colored paint job. Mech Force and Campy Neutrons. It boogies.
Sounds lovely!
Post some shots here! :)
In the process of sourcing some deeper handlebars, but this is pretty much how it looks.
It rides a lot like my old CAAD9 and SystemSix but a tad twitchier which is fine, because as I have added a bike or two over the years, for the Standert I really just wanted the lightness and simplicity of rim brakes and mech shifting for something I'd probably ride hard for a couple hours at best. Anything longer than that and I'm probably not on the roads and on my CX/gravel.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Nice with the classic pave tyres tough to find now. Not convinced on the blue saddle tho looks wise but sure your ass doesn't care about looks

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robin3mj

by robin3mj

Plain old Antares is best for my backside, and the "test" versions are cheap enough on eBay. If this was my best bike, it'd have a black saddle, but I've already cannibalized the DT Swiss Oxics that came with the bike for my Indy Fab, so this one is a bit of a mish mash. Which as you mentioned, matters not a bit once I start pedaling.