Trek Madone project one SLR 2021 52cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CarbonSteve

by CarbonSteve

Hi Guys just received my new Trek Madone SLR 9 800 oclv project one 52cm frame-set today just weighed the frame and forks with headset bearings and uncut stem 1850 grams

I will be building it up with the Bontrager RSL one piece bars which are made for the Emonda and saves a wopping 200grams on the bar stem supplied with the bike when bought complete, you have to buy the head spacers in able to do this which i ordered from Trek yesterday the last set in the UK so i will start the build as soon as they come which will be Monday hopefully

I have an S works Venge 2020 at the moment weighing in at 7KG dead with pedals garmin mount and two bottle cages so will be swapping all my group-set which is Dura Ace 9170 Di2 disc, S Works chain-set power meter and my Roval CLX 50s the new version thats just come out weighing 1410gms, pedals are Shimano Dura Ace 243gms but i will be changing to the look titanium 190gms

Im hoping for a build with pedals cages and Garmin mount to be 7.5KG or lower

Will post up as soon as ive done it with a run down of all components and weights
Attachments
tempImagegOBE0G.gif

choochoo46

by choochoo46

Beautiful frame. I've heard the Emonda RSL integrated handlebars are really light but some of the more flexible ones out there. Looking forward to seeing the full build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Out of interest, what made you decide to switch from the Venge? (love the look of the Madone by the way!!)

CarbonSteve

by CarbonSteve

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:36 pm
Out of interest, what made you decide to switch from the Venge? (love the look of the Madone by the way!!)
I could probably answer that question better once ive ridden the Madone, but the Venge is a filling rattler stiff as a board not that im complaining about it as i dont buy a bike for its comfort, i like sppeed, fast bikes so comfort is a luxury im willing to do wothout, the Madone i feel will be a bit more forgiving im sure and in my eyes a drop dead gorgeous bike, i will be taking it to Tenerife which i go 2-3 times a year so Mount Teide amongst other beastly climbs will be ridden

CarbonSteve

by CarbonSteve

Hi guys so i have now built my Trek Madone SLR 9 Project one 800 oclv fitted with the Emonda bars rather than the stock two piece, i was expecting a build of just under 7.5kg, when i got it on the scales fully built with two bottle cages pedals garmin mount it was 7.295 so as you can imagine i was extatic, i cant say ive seen another Madone that light with deep section wheels and with disc and tubes, so how did i build it.

Frame and forks 52cm with headset bearing and cable ring and seat clamps 1.90kkg

Dura Ace DI2 groupset 9170 disc with kmc SL chain 210gms, Sram XG1190 11-28 194 gms, Dura Ace 52-36 4iiii double sided power meter

Pedals Look Keo titanium 190 gms

2 x Bontrager bottle cages 16gms each

Wheels Roval Rapide CLX 50s 51mm front 60mm rear mfr claimed weight 1400gms less rim tape

2x thru axle skewers 60gms

Tyres S Works turbo 26mm 227g each

Tubes Tubolito S 23gms each

Saddle Sworks Romin 139gms

Front disc 140 instead of stock 160 saving 10gms

Life line bar tape from Wiggle its cheap but its bloody good didnt weigh it though

Emonda bars one piece 294gm.

Bottom bracket Hansling ceramic threaded 95gms

Fitting the bars was a bit of a nightmare as i had read the Madone could be converted to the Emonda bars rather than the two piece standard saving nearly a wopping 200gms, the first spacer is the head spacer which is painted and for the Emonda bars to fit you have to have a different spacer to the one supplied with the Madone as is the same for all the other spacers, i learnt that the Madone SL 6 has satndard bar and stem and the spacer kit for that is same as the Emonda so that is what i needed, i was worried of the asthteics as standard bar and stem are fully intergrated and look cool wheras as the Emonda as you can see in my photo below has some cables showing but in my eyes i think it looks pretty good, and worth the nearly 200gm saving. I had to buy the spacer kit from Trek to convert easy said than done when hardly anyone knows how to do this espeacially Trek them selves, i was sent the wrong parts to begin with and explaining on the phone was a near imposibility so i had to take a video of what i needed, eventually one guy realised what i needed and ordered it for me and hey presto it worked.

Couple of pictures showing a 105 crank arm as fitted the 4iiii day after i took these
IMG_9568.jpeg
IMG_9569.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_9571.jpeg
IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9576.jpeg
IMG_9577.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal