Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod (Ex EF Team Bike)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

vneilv

by vneilv

IMG_2836-1.jpg

Almost done! Took it round the block and to my surprise nothing fell off.

The brakes work perfectly, not sure whether this is some sort of death sentence but they havent been bled, I lost some oil from the hoses when I cut them (twice) and they've been sat for a week exposed to the air. Someone tell me if theres going to be some sort of delayed compression of the air in the lines which will cause my brakes to fail.

Have adjusted the fit a little since taking this photo and wrapped the bars.

IMG_2838-1.jpg

Weight is with cage, pedals, wahoo mount etc.

Came in about 40g grams lighter than I expected which is nice.

The extralite expander I had has seen better days so I need a new one of these, in the meantime I'm using the stock expander that came with the bike (which is why there is a spacer on top of the stem, it doesnt play nice with the absolute black top cap).

Also need to figure out a different way of mounting my bolt, the aero mount from wahoo is putting a bit of pressure on the rear brake hose. Any recommendations, the one from extralite looks a bit overkill, something as simple as possible.

Will get some decent photos when I've taken it for it's first proper ride.
Last edited by vneilv on Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Excellent work always a massive fan of the dales

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

One of the better new cannondale builds, about your brakes, there will be air in the system. I would suggest bleeding them to avoid mushy brakes. Depending on how you store your bike it might be fine for a while but when you turn the bike upside down air will get in the calipers.

vneilv

by vneilv

And here it is in all it's glory!

BF5E94F7-4186-428B-81EB-C1B8171E59E6.JPG
Build list:

Supersix Build List.png

dcj10

by dcj10

The cranks/BB? axle and pedals combined weight of only 673g got my attention :thumbup: That's impressively light.
Main ride Aethos Expert 2021 https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 0&t=169445
First reserve Pegoretti steel 2012 Ciavete paint viewtopic.php?f=10&t=168091

freespeed

by freespeed

vneilv wrote:
frame update.jpg

A little progress update.

Hoses went through the frame a lot easier than I thought they would but realised I didn't have the bolts to connect the rear caliper so have ordered those (it's currently taped to the frame).

Feels a bit clunky rotating the steerer, one way feels smooth like on my systemsix but the other way feels like it's hitting the hose about 75% through the rotation. Anyone who has built up a supersix had issues with this? Is there a preferred routing for the hoses? The rear hose is coming through the LHS of the head tube i think.

Other things of note - Sram front mech is fouling on the spiderring at an angle, this is most likely due to the size of the wedge on the back of the mech as this came directly from my 2015 supersix. I will have a look around my toolbox to find the other wedges.

Rotors, cassette and tyres are on the wheels ready to go on the bike, a friend sent me some of that tent seam sealer to use on my gumwall tyres to stop them getting dirty (an old cyclocross trick apparently) so I'm waiting on those to dry.

Got fed up of waiting for the bars to come into stock so ordered them from Spain. Hopefully wont get stung on customs.
Hi!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am trying to rebuild my SuperSix frame after a paint repair, and cannot for the life of me remember how the rear hose went through the head tube. Does it route around the steerer tube or around the carbon vertical stiffeners in the frame?
It feels unlikely it would be in contact with the steerer tube, but I cannot get it through the gap between the head tube and internal support.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vneilv

by vneilv

freespeed wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:28 pm

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am trying to rebuild my SuperSix frame after a paint repair, and cannot for the life of me remember how the rear hose went through the head tube. Does it route around the steerer tube or around the carbon vertical stiffeners in the frame?
It feels unlikely it would be in contact with the steerer tube, but I cannot get it through the gap between the head tube and internal support.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Hey mate, just saw this!

I cant actuallt remember, can you send me photos if you havent sorted it already and maybe they will jog my memory.

freespeed

by freespeed

No worries! I actually managed to sort it, it went round the drive side gap in the head tube after a bit of swearing, was getting pretty desperate at one point hence the message on here! Appreciate the reply!