Immolation Enigma Elite HSS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Here is my custom painted Enigma Elite HSS

I am obviously biased, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this baby is up there with some of the coolest paint jobs floating around on the roads.

So what the heck happened? Unfortunately, the top tub suffered quite a large scratch at some point on a plane flight back from holiday in London. I never really liked the stock paint job so I decided... *f##k* it... I'll get it custom painted. I'm a huge fan of Jackson electric guitars - they were the shred superstrat of choice for metal bands back in the 80s and early 90s. Along with other brands, they came out with wild paint jobs, one of which was the lava 'crackle'. My favourite colour is magenta, so magenta crackle was a no-brainer choice. Then as for the logo? I firgured just 'Enigma' was boring so I went for the logo of one of my favourite death metal bands Immolation (link below!). So there we go - thats the logic benhind the paintjob. Speaking of which the pictures dont capture how much this thing pops in life. The logo has a silver sparkle outline which shimmers in the sun!

How does it ride? All up its lively and supple. Its stiff and responsive and only loses out to the top of the top carbon framesets when you sprint. Obviously there is also a penalty climbing becuase it's about 8.1kg. It retains that gorgeous ‘steel’ road feel whilst being a workable tool for riding fast. I am super fickle and would only dish out extra cash for a custom paint job for a bike I plan to keep. Take that for what its worth.

Dawn of Possession: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfZgCe5nRko&t=163s

Build
• Enigma Elite HSS 54cm
• 3T Funda Carbon Fork
• Specialized Aerofly II 38cm bars
• Specialzied S-works stem, 110 mm, -12
• Selle SMP Composit saddle
• FSA Power2max Type-S
• Campagnolo Super record (2017)
• Lightweight Fernweg G1 clinchers (now replaced with WinSpace Hyper 65 which are, to my surprise, better!!)
• Conti GP5000 tires with Challenge Latex tubes

Also shout out to the guys at Colour Fuel who did a great job.
Attachments
Enigma.jpg
Enigma2.jpg
vfp0stklmriuwjzgtu9u.jpg
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

calleking

by calleking

Nice one! Dig the paint job on this one.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com