Custom paint Systemsix - fast boi

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

mike wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:04 am
Loving the paint. Reminds me of the Wilier bike with copper metallic paint
Ramato isn't it? A Wilier was my first road bike so it's fitting...
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Very cool man

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

misteryellow

by misteryellow

This color is amazing, a bit like the ramato paint job.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

gbrnole

by gbrnole

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:34 pm
Another update, because I'm still working my way through what I want this bike to be, and I've had more time to tinker than to actually ride as of late.

It had always been the plan to swap over to Sram AXS, and I got an upgrade kit finally. Red except for the cassette which is a Force 10-33, and the crankset is the same Quarq/Sram Red combo with a Wolf Tooth 48 single ring. The 1x has saved me about 130g but have gained some of that back with the heavier shifters and derailleur. Now sitting at 7.65kg or so with pedals and mounts. I have also swapped out the fidlock cage for my Bontrager Bat cages, because I couldn't stop the Fidlcok bottles rattling. Such shame as they look super clean and work well that aside. The Bat cages are a favourite for me but a lighter option like Alpitude cages is on the cards in the future.

Interested to see how the 1x gearing treats me, so far no issues, and I only see myself leaving this bike at home for mountainous holidays and for exceptionally hard climbing rides here in the UK. Glad to have the Sram logic and ergonomics back, and the brake rub I suffered with the Dura Ace group is gonezo. :beerchug:
the bike looks sharp as heck in 1x. love it! congrats and excellent choices in your custom build.

i see you also went away from using the fidloc system. i think fidloc are really missing out on not offering more fidloc made bottle options. adding insulated bottles and an aero bottle option could really help. i'm not a fan of their fit attachment to convert other bottles.

as a matter of interest, what was the turnaround time and budget for that custom paint? my madone SLR (rim brake version) could use some of that loving. the best it ever looked was when i had mine setup 1x SRAM etap also.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

gbrnole wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:59 pm
the bike looks sharp as heck in 1x. love it! congrats and excellent choices in your custom build.

i see you also went away from using the fidloc system. i think fidloc are really missing out on not offering more fidloc made bottle options. adding insulated bottles and an aero bottle option could really help. i'm not a fan of their fit attachment to convert other bottles.

as a matter of interest, what was the turnaround time and budget for that custom paint? my madone SLR (rim brake version) could use some of that loving. the best it ever looked was when i had mine setup 1x SRAM etap also.
Thank you! Agreed on Fidlock, so close to being a great system... They're on my gravel rig now as a space saving solution.

FatCreations handled the paint, and I had their 'VIP' or priority service to shorten the lead times a bit and was quoted at around 4 weeks from delivery of frame to completion, and that's pretty much exactly what it turned out to be. Budget was around £1k for the shortened lead time and special paint, I think it's usually closer to £600-700.

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Hi,
Which chain are you using for 1x ?
Thanks

AZR3

by AZR3

1sanglier wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:11 pm
Hi,
Which chain are you using for 1x ?
Thanks
SRAM Flat Top chain

Seph

by Seph

this is hot!

AnthonyE

by AnthonyE

This bike is beautiful!! Such a well done paint job and overall build. I would never consider going for a "brown" paint job but this has changed my mind completely. It's the prettiest brown I've ever seen.

On a different note, what is that Garmin Varia mount? Looks like you changed the location to the saddle. I kind of like that.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Thanks for the compliments, and yes it's a Magcad Mount from eBay that you can mount on the saddle rails. It's not the prettiest up close, but works and is discreet from most angles.
Attachments
A09E7364-4702-4EBC-BCEC-1A029B2B8E95.jpeg

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Your scale is set to ml

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

And my life is ruined. Thanks for the spot 😂