Stelbel Antenore Disc Build - 2021

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Benji86

by Benji86

Hi All,

Thought id say hi and share with you my recent build from Stelbel.

The process took approximately a year from when i contacted stelbel, very happy with how it turned out.

Frame: Stelbel Antenore (Xcr) Disc with T47 BB & Chris King Headset
Groupset: Campagnolo chorus 12 speed
Wheels/Tyres: Campagnolo WTO 45 Discs (setup tubeless) with Pirelli P-Zero Race TLR
Finishing Kit - Deda Superleggero Handlebars, Seatpost and Stem

weight is around 8.7kg

Attached are some pictures stelbel took of my build & a photo from post bike fit.

Note that I had to lower my saddle and also fitter has slammed my stem, so will ride for next few months before cutting the fork.

Hope this post gives you inspiration if you are considering a custom steel build, happy to share my process if anyone wants to ask.
Attachments
Stelbel Antenore 20105_12 (1).jpg
Stelbel Antenore 20105_5.jpg
Stelbel Antenore 20105_9.jpg
Stelbel Antenore 20105_12.jpg
Stelbel Antenore 20105.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 09.18.53.jpeg
Last edited by Benji86 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

welchy

by welchy

Absolutely stunning, these are just such classy bikes..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Prawn

by Prawn

Agree! ^

DHG01

by DHG01

Beautiful.
Can you share a bit on geo, tubeset, tyre clearance?
I see the bottle holders on the last pic. Black always works; classic steel (eg Arundel type) or silver aluminium would also look nice.
Enjoy!

Benji86

by Benji86

Thanks everyone.

I had to settle with basic cages since the titanium cages where out of stock so will be defiantly replacing them soon.

Here is a image of my design.

I based it on a retual fit image and tweaked the top tube angle to 3 degrees to make it look near flat.

Ive had 2 rides in it and it's pretty comfortable but I found it interesting my fitter dropped the seat height by 15mm compared to my condor which it is based on, So had to bring seatpost down even further.
Attachments
97BC4DCF-C3BD-4D0C-884D-B0A1961B00FA.jpeg

kuliko

by kuliko

Gorgeous bike!

A question: How much does the frame alone weigh?

kroem

by kroem

Top notch!
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

octav

by octav

Super good looking bike! Enjoy it and post some pics from the roads :)

Benji86

by Benji86

Thanks everyone!!! will do...its been pretty crappy weather here in UK last couple weeks so many rides have been in downpours but ive been super impressed with the braking on the campy system and how comfortable the bike is regardless of conditions.

Frame weight is approx 1.7kg according to Stelbels Pricelist....for reference the non XCR versions are SB/03 Disc is 1.9kg and Rondeo Disc 1.6kg

I weighed my Condor Italia RC with aluminum rims and it came to 8.8kg. so roughly the same weight..I could maybe upgrade to Super Record or Record down the road to save weights on groupset and swap seat from expert to s-works, but im happy as is. I opted for internal routing so when wireless is more mainstream and light ill likely upgrade to that.

wilwil

by wilwil

Hi lovely bike. Im planning on buying a ti frame which requires a T47 BB. Like you I want to use a Chorus groupset. Which BB did you use compatible with Ultra Torque?

Benji86

by Benji86

wilwil wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:35 am
Hi lovely bike. Im planning on buying a ti frame which requires a T47 BB. Like you I want to use a Chorus groupset. Which BB did you use compatible with Ultra Torque
Hi Mate. Awesome.
So im pretty certain my Stebel is T47.
in terms of what the BB Cups/Bearings are, im not sure but it looks like Stelbel manufactored the cups themselves - here is a picture (excuse the dirt just came back from a ride)
Attachments
IMG_2457.jpg

5DII

by 5DII

Nice bike, i also have a steel mechanical shifting bike and was wondering on how you decided on chorus?

Benji86

by Benji86

Thanks mate.
Reason for going chorus was purely cost related considering I decided to upgrade my frame set to XCr, this resulted in an additional 1k euro. This pushed me out of my budget. So I said to myself, upgrade the frame and go the cheapest campy option now, then in future go record/super record in a few years. (Hopefullly next gen campy)

Honestly I've been super impressed with campy, I have ultegra on my other bikes and absolutely love the feel and quality of the hoods, shifting is super crisp and braking is perfect.

Benji86

by Benji86

also any tips apprecaited to drop some weight on this bike would be good...some options apart from upgrading groupset to record etc.
1) replace seat with Sworks saddle (would only be a 74grams net saving)
2) cut some of the seatpost tube since i went an agresive top tube angle, there is alot of spare tube
3) remove the space on top of the steerer tube (not much saving i guess)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shmitt

by Shmitt

How tall are you? I look at the geometry of the frame and we have similar dimensions.