2021 Specialized Tarmac SL7 SW 7.195kgs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Matte86

by Matte86

Hi all!
Finally, I can post about my Tarmac. Best bike I’ve ever owned. A pure bliss. I collected it last October and been riding it since then, but some parts where missing so I decided to wait before posting about it. It’s not complete as it’s impossible to find 80mm revoloop race ultra inner tubes.
From a stock 2021 Tarmac SL7 SW in size 54 I switched the seatpost to a 0 degree one, Roval Rapid handlebar (42cm), CeramicSpeed bottom bracket and Oversize pulleys, specialized SW power mirror saddle (142), carbon Ti 48-35 rings, THM Clavicula SE crankset (172,5), Silca Stealth bottle cages and an Extralite top cap.

I kept my trusted Favero Assioma Duo for power readings.

Since the first pics I had to change the chain as KMC 12v on Sram Red AXS didn’t work properly, shortened the fork by 1cm and installed a chain catcher.
Weight is 7.195kgs without chaincatcher and Sram Red chain.
ATM it weights 7.21kgs with Sram Force chain and the aforementioned chain catcher. On Tuesday at my LBS they are going to swap the outer carbon Ti ring to the V2, so I *should* not need the chaincatcher anymore.
As I said I’m extremely happy how it behaves/rides/handles flats and climbs, but honestly with all changes I made I was expecting to be under 7kgs. I know that without swapping the saddle and a different power meter I am afraid I won’t be able to go sub7. But any suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks
Matteo

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Very nice bike Matteo! I would agree with your assessment of the SL7, best bike I've had.

I am also running a chain catcher even though the FD is properly adjusted, more of insurance and piece of mind for me. My bike is similar in weight to yours, 7.23kg with pedals cages and accessories. Every now and then I think about trying to get it lighter, but then I ride it and don't really care about the weight. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Matte86

by Matte86

Thanks!
Do you run a full Sram Red setup? What has your experience been so far?
It’s kinda itchy though not being under 7kgs.. mostly due to the fact I see a lot of SL7 under that weight… I know it’s placebo/psychological

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Matte86 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:07 am
Thanks!
Do you run a full Sram Red setup? What has your experience been so far?
It’s kinda itchy though not being under 7kgs.. mostly due to the fact I see a lot of SL7 under that weight… I know it’s placebo/psychological
Yes, it's a full Sram Red 11sp eTap setup with Roval CLX 50s. I know switching to tubeless will lose me ~160g but I'd rather run latex tubes. I also have a Power Mirror saddle and definitley not switching it. I can probably get it below 7kgs, but for now just enjoying it as is.

Although I was surprised your bike is not lighter, given the THM cranks and Carbon-Ti chainrings. I am running a Quarq PM and heavy Sram chainrings.

Matte86

by Matte86

I see.. but red 11v should be lighter than 12.. anyway in another thread we compared stock Sram red AXS (same rings) with lighter pedals and it come out in practically as heavy as my setup.. just the assiomas are 300grs.
Nevertheless, mentally (placebo) would be really nice to tip the scale just under 7.. It can’t be that the saddle and pedals make the ‘extra’ weight..
Even with different bar end plugs (Schmolke), bottle cages (Alpitude), inner tube (revoloop race ultra) in the rear I won’t get down enough (-190grs is not easy).. probably DA 11v is so much lighter that takes it down enough