Full internal Di2 retromod on 06 TCR Advanced LE (6.3kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

Love the craftsmanship and ingenuity. Really curious to know why do I seem to see Persion rugs on the floor of the workshop in most of this type of threads on WW?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Lol, that's just a doormat

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Watched the video and read through the thread, great stuff, especially the insides of a junction A. Do I understand it right that every Di2 component can be connected by splicing the wires together and then connecting these to the PCB by two wires? How do you charge the system or connect to the E-tube project? With so much effort, did you consider getting eTAP instead?

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Didn't consider Etap for a moment over Di2. I'm a bit of a Shimano fanboy; I consider their tech to be mostly superior.

You're correct about the wiring; it's all just in parallel. There's an e-tube plug spliced onto the charger instead of the normal plug (which I reused to separate the loom between the head tube and steerer), and I just plug that into one of the levers to charge it or change settings.

The effort involved was kind of most of the point; this frameset is IMO the sexiest TCR ever made, and this one is sexier than a standard one without gear cable guides. I'd like to get around to catching up with a bloke I used to work for who does carbon yacht stuff and internally route the rear brake cable, that'd be cool... And have it professionally repainted to combine this paint design with that of my old CFR1, which used silver fading to carbon under tinted clear, which was a great effect...

Anyway, the point was to make it something unique, without any single aspect being otherwise pointless; there's a good reason for every modification.

Arph

by Arph

Great work, impressive !