Factor O2 Vam Disc (6.05kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

4PSI

by 4PSI

Was a lot of fun, researching and trying to push the limits on a disc climbing bike without compromising the integrated cockpit (unsightly wires) - enjoy!
*Built by my friends at Veloholic Cycles*

Final weight was actually 6.05 after stickers and chainstay protectors were added.

Been a long time lurker and very grateful for all the weights, ideas and inspirations from this forum! Still looking to see if peeps had some good ideas for cutting the weight further by about 150g to get to my original goal (5.9kg), but didn't want to compromise the integrated cockpit, and a minimum of a 47.5mm deep wheel - I'm happy regardless, was just curious.
Last edited by 4PSI on Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sib

by sib

Looks fantastic!

StanK

by StanK

Very nice. I don't like black bikes in general, but glossy black can do the trick in right circumstances, and this is the case here - with these light blue decals; very nice.
As for weight drop (with touching no wheels and cockpit, and not be familiar with "disc stuff"), with spreadsheet provided, I can only think of a chain (PYC, YBN ... few others), you can drop 30 g.
And tyres, if they 25c (doesn't say), there is lighter ones in that dimension. So in these could be 100 g. drop, other will find the rest :mrgreen:

But what I first noticed is maybe too long "stem section" (by its very appearance) and because of that the saddle may had its nose down. Is it comfortable, on longer rides, the whole setup?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Nice build, as bling as it gets! Perhaps lighter pedals? I'm waiting for the fulfilment of my kickstarter order for MyTi pedals for my own VAM actually. No other ways to get lighter I'm afraid unless you wanna swop out the LW wheels (which I doubt so), but your build is lovely as it is.

oldturd

by oldturd

Very nice! I'm local to you and VH has some nice high ends builds- yours is no exception.

I agree with Kayrehn that unless you swant to swap the wheels out, it'll be tough. Although, you can drop approx 50g if you run Veloflex Corsa Race clinchers. Mine came in about 200g each for 25s.

4PSI

by 4PSI

Thanks all!
I think the chain and tires would definitely get it closer, hmm :)
Stem, I will check when I get the bike fit if a shorter one is needed (usually at 120/130mm, and this one is 130mm).

And yea, the saddle is gonna get pointed higher haha

4PSI

by 4PSI

Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Nice build, as bling as it gets! Perhaps lighter pedals? I'm waiting for the fulfilment of my kickstarter order for MyTi pedals for my own VAM actually. No other ways to get lighter I'm afraid unless you wanna swop out the LW wheels (which I doubt so), but your build is lovely as it is.
Ooh, will check on those pedals!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

oldturd wrote:Very nice! I'm local to you and VH has some nice high ends builds- yours is no exception.

I agree with Kayrehn that unless you swant to swap the wheels out, it'll be tough. Although, you can drop approx 50g if you run Veloflex Corsa Race clinchers. Mine came in about 200g each for 25s.
I run Vittoria corsa speed but I have nice tarmac where I ride, 2000km so far and all good, that can save you some weight for sure.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

borist

by borist

Super nice, super clean. Well done and enjoy!

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Wheels are kind of an odd choice for a light build since these are kinda heavy for what they are.

MattMay

by MattMay

Very nice and very we’ll done!

I should be getting my 02 VAM frame by month end…super jazzed to see how light you got your build! Mine won’t be quite that light but you’ve certainly set a high (low?) bar!

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Partington wheels?
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

4PSI

by 4PSI

CustomMetal wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 pm
Partington wheels?
Extralite Cyberdisc was recommended to me as well!
But was looking to keep the wheels at around 50mm deep

4PSI

by 4PSI

MattMay wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:15 pm
Very nice and very we’ll done!

I should be getting my 02 VAM frame by month end…super jazzed to see how light you got your build! Mine won’t be quite that light but you’ve certainly set a high (low?) bar!
A buddy of mine has an O2 (non-VAM), but utilized the extralite Cyberdisc wheels and other light parts and is at 6.25kg. The frame really is versatile!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com